The word “delight” conveys a strong and positive emotional response to something that brings joy and satisfaction. Some common antonyms of delight are sadness, displeasure, misery, sorrow, regret etc.
Meaning of Delight
“Delight” is a noun and a verb that refers to a feeling of great pleasure, joy, or happiness. It can describe a state of being highly satisfied, pleased, or content with something. Delight is often associated with a sense of enjoyment and can be triggered by various things, such as beautiful scenery, delicious food, a heartwarming moment, or an entertaining experience
7+ Antonyms of Delight
These antonyms represent various negative emotions and states of mind that contrast with the positive and joyful feelings associated with delight.
Usage with Examples
Here are other examples of antonyms of delight for your reference below.
- The melancholy music reflected the artist’s feelings of sadness and loss.
- He expressed deep regret for his actions that had caused harm to others.
- Despite their wealth, they lived a life of constant unhappiness.
- The family was overwhelmed with sorrow after the loss of their beloved pet.
- Many customers voiced their dissatisfaction with the quality of the product.
Delight Antonym Quiz
Choose the correct antonym for delight from the below give options:
This was all about the delight antonyms with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.