“Majority” is often used to describe the prevailing or dominant condition within a specific group or situation. Some of the common majority antonyms are few, smaller fraction, handful etc. The blog article below will give you details about the majority of antonyms with usage and examples, and lastly its meaning.
Meaning of Majority
The term “majority” refers to the greater part or larger number of something within a particular group or context. It typically indicates that more than half of a given set or population falls into a certain category or holds a particular opinion. For example, if you say that a political candidate won the majority of the votes in an election, it means that they received more than half of the total votes cast.
+7 Majority Antonyms
Here is a list of antonyms for “majority”:
- Smaller portion
- The minority view
- The lesser part
- The smaller group
- The minority opinion
Usage with Examples
Here are antonyms of “majority” along with sentence examples:
- While the majority of the students preferred math, a small minority excelled in literature.
- Only a few of the participants completed the challenging obstacle course.
- A fraction of the population in that region speaks the indigenous language.
- There was less interest in the new video game compared to the previous release.
- In the debate, the smaller group argued vehemently for stricter environmental regulations.
Also Read: +7 “Weak” Antonyms with Meaning and Examples
Majority Antonyms Quiz
Pick the correct antonym for majority from the options given below:
This was all about the “majority antonyms” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.