Impromptu actions are often characterized by their spontaneity and the absence of formal or structured planning. The antonyms of “impromptu,” which means something done spontaneously without preparation, are words that describe actions or events that are planned. Some common impromptu antonyms are prepared, planned, scheduled, organised, etc.
Meaning of Impromptu
“Impromptu” is an adjective that describes something that is done, spoken, or performed spontaneously and without preparation. It refers to actions or events that occur on the spur of the moment, without prior planning or rehearsal. An impromptu action or remark is typically made without advance notice or practice.
7+ Impromptu Antonyms
Here are examples of impromptu antonyms for your reference below.
Usage with Example
These antonyms describe situations where actions or events are carefully considered, prepared, and organized beforehand, in contrast to the spontaneous and unprepared nature of something that is impromptu. Read the examples given below for your reference.
- The dialogue in the movie was carefully scripted, and the actors followed the lines precisely.
- The event was well planned, with a detailed schedule and itinerary.
- The play was meticulously rehearsed for weeks before the opening night.
- His deliberate decision to retire was the result of months of contemplation and planning.
- The conference was highly organized with each session.
Impromptu Antonym Quiz
Choose the correct word for Impromptu from the options given below:
This was all about the “impromptu antonyms” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.