B.com capital market is an undergraduate degree program. The course involves an in-depth study of trade bonds, commodities, the stock markets, and other financial securities. Graduates of the Bcom capital market are placed in roles involving PE funds, SEBI Forward Market Commission, Finance companies, and stock exchanges like NSE, Currency, and derivative trades. The average salary of a fresher is around INR 2 lakhs to 8 lakhs per annum. Keep reading to find out more about the Bcom capital market eligibility, capital market syllabus, admission process, and more.
|B.com Capital Market Duration||3 years|
|Level of the Course||Graduate level|
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Eligibility||12th with commerce stream|
|Admission Process||Based on counselling conducted after the entrance|
|Estimated Course Fee||INR 40k – 1 lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 lakh – 8 lakh per annum|
|Popular Recruiting companies||Private companies such as Tata, Wipro, and other government agencies|
|Career Scope||Chief Accounting Officer, Accounting Firm Partner, Finance Director, Audit Manager, etc|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Bcom Capital Market?
Graduating with Bcom in the capital market comes with a lot of benefits. Students should pursue Bcom in the capital market for the following reasons
- It is a great opportunity for those who want to enter the finance sector.
- The syllabus of Bcom is relevant to current economic needs
- Get an in-depth understanding of the capital and stock market and become immediately employable
- It will also open doors for several government jobs in the financial sector
Bcom Capital Market Syllabus
Bcom capital market subjects that a student needs to study are several. Below is the main semester-wise syllabus (1,2, and 3) for Bcom in capital markets.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Microeconomics||Advanced Corporate Finance||Mutual Funds (NISM Certification)|
|Introduction to Spreadsheets||Financial Modelling||Foreign Exchange Currency Derivatives (NCFM Certification)|
|Financial Reporting & Analysis||Trading Strategies and Algorithmic Trading||Electives|
|Financial Mathematics||Financial Analytics( Python/R)||Equity Research|
|Business Statistics||Commodities Market (NCFM Certification)|
|Macroeconomics||Derivatives Market (NISM Certification)|
|Critical Thinking||Blockchain and Cryptocurrency|
|Corporate Finance||Financial Markets and Financial Regulation|
|Business Communication||Marketing of Financial Services|
|Captial Market Operations||Electives|
|Mandatory Research Internship||Mandatory Industry Internship|
To pursue Bcom in the capital market you need to fulfil the eligibility criteria. The minimum eligibility of Bcom in the capital market is as follows
- 12th qualification from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50%
- Be a student of the commerce field. That is, he/she should have taken up subjects like Economics, Math, Computer Science, finance, or its equivalent in high school
- For foreign universities, you need to clear the English proficiency tests as well. For example, IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE
The admission criteria for Bcom in the capital market vary across colleges and universities. Generally, two types of admission processes exist merit-based and entrance based. However, most colleges prefer merit-based admissions.
- Entrance-based admissions- Students who score high ranks in the entrance exams are given admission. The application for the entrance examination can be found online and offline. A personal interview is also conducted followed by a group discussion for the shortlisted candidates.
- Merit-based admissions-Merit based admissions are based on the marks obtained by the student in the qualifying examination.
Bcom Capital Market Colleges in India
Below are the best colleges in India that students can apply to.
|University Name||Location||Estimated Fees||Average annual salary|
|Jain University||Bangalore||INR 50,000||INR 5.72 LPA|
|Sri Krishna Arts and Science College||Coimbatore||INR 80,500||INR 5 LPA|
|Dr. M.G.R. Educational And Research Institute||Chennai||INR 80,000||INR 4.3 LPA|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||INR 83,000||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Reva University||Bangalore||INR 90,000||INR 3 LPA|
Jobs and Salary
The following are the popular Jobs salary:
|Position||Bcom Capital Market Salary|
|Accounting Associate||3.23 lakh|
|Directors (Accounts)||18 lakh|
|Accounts receivable clerk||2.35 lakh|
|Chief Accounting Officer||7.1 cr|
|Accounting firm partner||1 cr|
|Audit Manager||13.72 lakh|
|Forensic accountant||5.53 lakh|
Bcom Capital Market Scope
Capital Market is a flexible field of study as there are new things coming up every day. The scope of the course is mentioned below:
- Masters in Business administration
- Postgraduate certificate program in Financial Services (PGCP-FS)
- PG in Financial Market
- Executive MBA in Financial Markets (EMBA-FM)
- PG Diploma in Financial Markets
BCom in Capital Markets is a 3-year undergraduate degree program. The minimum qualification for the course is the 12th qualification.
The four main types of capital markets are primary secondary, public, and private
Students who pursue Bcom in financial markets will gain advanced knowledge in the domain. They will also be able to pursue higher degree courses in financial management or M.A. in commerce. It will also increase their employability. As a result, Bcom in financial markets is good.
Bcom in the capital market is a course for those who want to enter the financial sector. Those who graduate with the degree have rewarding career opportunities in front of them. Need help with study abroad admissions? Call us at 1800 572 000 and book our free 30-minute counselling session today.