Every year, the UPSSSC (Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission) holds an annual Preliminary Eligibility Test to recruit candidates who have completed their 10th standard for Group B and Group C vacancies such as Lekhpal, Jr Clerk, Assistants, TGT PGT PRT Teachers, ANM Nurses, and so on. Candidates aspiring for the said exam are required to acquire the requisite cut-off marks to be deemed eligible for the mains exam. The official notification for the said exam is scheduled to be released on 28 June 2023.
|Exam Name||UPSSSC PET 2023|
|Status||To be announced|
|PET Exam Date 2023||October 2023|
|Admit Card Date||September 2023|
This Blog Includes:
- UPSSSC PET 2023 Latest Update
- UPSSSC PET 2023 Application Process
- UPSSSC PET 2023 Selection Procedure
- UPSSSC 2023 Vacancy
- UPSSSC PET Eligibility 2023
- UPSSSC PET 2023 Exam Pattern
- UPSSSC PET 2023 Syllabus
- UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
- UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 Best Books for Preparation
UPSSSC PET 2023 Latest Update
- The Recruitment drive for the UPSSSC PET (2023) has been postponed till further notice as per the latest notice released on 23rd December 2022.
- The link for the Provisional Answer Key (UPSSSC PET 2022) was active till 22nd December 2022.
- The validity for UPSSSC PET 2021 Score was extended till 8th January 2023.
UPSSSC PET 2023 Application Process
As of 2023, the conducting body has released a total of 50,000 vacancies for the said positions. Hence, those who wish to apply for the said exam are encouraged to do so before the application window closes. Coming to the application process, candidates aspiring to work in state government departments as Group B and Group C employees, are required to register their applications between 28 June 2023 – 31 July 2023 (online) The UPSSSC exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of August 2023 (tentative). While applying (online) for the said exam, it is imperative for candidates to procure the mentioned documents. They are:
- 10th Scorecard
- 12th Result
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport Size Photo of Recent 6 Months
- Candidate’s Signature
Candidates preparing for the UPSSSC PET exam will be selected on the basis of the scores they acquire in the PET written exam. Apart from the written test, candidates will have to go through interview and skill test rounds to qualify for the said exam.
UPSSSC PET 2023 Application Guidelines
- Applicants appearing for the said exam are required to register their application by visiting the official website of UPSSSC.
- It is imperative for candidates to fill in the requisite credentials, including personal, academic, and communicative information.
- Information submitted by the candidates should not be false or inadequate.
- It is a mandate for candidates to submit their passport-size photos and signatures.
- Once the registration is done, applicants are required to pay the requisite application fees (using a credit card, debit card, or net banking account). Candidates should keep in mind that the submitted fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
UPSSSC PET Application Form Fee
Once applicants are done filling in their application forms, it is mandated that they pay the requisite application fee. Without the payment, the application form will not be accepted. Therefore, it is imperative for candidates to pay the requisite amount in order to complete the registration procedure. Have a look at the data given below to understand the category-wise demarcation of the application fee.
|Category||Registration fees||Online Processing fees||Total|
|General||INR 160||INR 25||INR 185|
|OBC||INR 160||INR 25||INR 185|
|SC||INR 70||INR 25||INR 95|
|ST||INR 70||INR 25||INR 95|
|PWD||–||INR 25||INR 25|
UPSSSC PET 2023 Selection Procedure
Applicants eligible for the UPSSSC PET 2023 will be required to partake in the Group B and Group C main exams to get recruited for the mentioned positions. It is a mandate for applicants to register their applications to get permitted for the main exams. Candidates prospecting to appear for the exam will be selected on the basis of their scores acquired in the PET written test. It is imperative for applicants to pass both their preliminary and main written exams to get selected. Once the written exams are conducted, applicants are required to go through the interview and skill evaluation round to complete the selection procedure.
Must Read: How to Prepare for Competitive Exams?
UPSSSC 2023 Vacancy
2023 is going to be a great year for candidates prospecting to work under the revered body of UPSSSC as Group B and Group C employees ( Lekhpal, Technical Assistant, Junior Assistant, Computer Operator, ASO, ARO, and Forest Guard). This is because the revered body has announced around 50,000+ vacancies for the said positions in 2023. The data given below will help you go through the vacancies elaborately.
UPSSSC PET Eligibility 2023
The sole purpose of conducting bodies prescribing set eligibility criteria for an examination is to ascertain whether or not the candidate possesses the requisite calibre and qualification.
And the UPSSSC PET exam, just like any other government exam, comes with its own set of prescribed eligibility criteria that must be met by the applicants in order to be deemed eligible. Therefore, it is imperative for applicants to keep abreast of the requisite criteria for the said exam. According to the conducting body for the said exam, the requisite credentials that must be met by the applicants are:
- Applicants must have passed their 10th standard from any relevant board (CBSE/ICSE). They should be at least Graduates or Post- Graduates.
- Candidates applying for the said exam must be at least 18 years old. The maximum age that will be deemed eligible for the said exam is 40 years.
- Applicants who are hailing from India (specifically from the state of Uttar Pradesh) will be deemed eligible.
|Meritorious Sportsperson||5 years|
UPSSSC PET 2023 Exam Pattern
It is imperative for candidates to go through the prescribed pattern for any given exam to streamline and strategize their preparation. Being acquainted with a set exam pattern can help applicants create their own viable preparation blueprint. The test itself will encapsulate 100 multiple-choice questions and will be conducted for 2 hours. Candidates must keep in mind that for every incorrect answer, there will be a deduction of 1/4th of a mark. The data given below will clear your doubts regarding the UPSSSC exam pattern (2023).
|Indian National Movement||05|
|Indian Constitution & Public Administration||05|
|Logic & Reasoning||05|
|Analysis of 2 Unseen Hindi Passages||10|
|Graph Analysis & Interpretation||10|
|Tables Analysis & Interpretation||10|
UPSSSC PET 2023 Syllabus
In order to ace any given examination, it is imperative for applicants to get acquainted with the latest syllabus. The UPSSSC recruitment exam encompasses subjects and topics that are meant to gauge the requisite capabilities of candidates for the said positions. Applicants preparing for the said exam are required to prepare for their NCERT Senior Secondary courses to ace the said exam. Have a look at the prescribed syllabus.
|Indian History and National Movement||Ancient History | Medieval History | Modern History|
|Geography||Physical geography of India and the world, Rivers and the valley of rivers, Population, Groundwater resources, Mountains and glaciers, Dry and Desert areas, Political geography of India and the world, Climate and weather time zone, Migration and Change, Mineral Resources|
|Indian Economy||Indian Economy from 1947 to 1991:Planning Commission and Five Year Plans, Development of Mixed Economy – Private and Public Sector, Green revolution, Milk development and operation flood, Nationalization and Reforms of Banks, Economic reforms in 1991 and the economy thereafter post-2014 Economic Reforms, Agricultural reforms, Structural reforms, Labor reforms, Financial improvement GST|
|Indian Constitution & Public Administration||Indian Constitution, Salient Features of Indian Constitution, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Union and Union Territories, Union State Relations, Judicial Structure, Supreme Court, High Court, District administration, Parliamentary system, Federal System,Local Bodies and Panchayati Raj Institutions|
|General Science||Elementary physics, elementary chemistry, elementary biology|
|Elementary Arithmetic||Whole numbers, Decimals, Percentages, Simple numerical equations square and square root, Exponent and power, Average|
|General Hindi||Antonyms words (विलोम शब्द), synonym words (पर्यायवाची शब्द), A word for phrases (वाक्यांशो के लिए एक शब्द), Gender (लिंग), Equivalent words (समश्रुत भिन्नार्थक शब्द),Idioms (मुहावरे लोकोत्तियां), Common errors (सामान्य अशुद्धियां), Writers and compositions – prose and poetry (लेखक एवं रचनाएं – गद्य एवं पद्य),Treaty (सन्धि)|
|General English||English Grammar, Unseen Passage|
|Logic & Reasoning||Segregate, Calendar and watch, Coding and decoding: numbers and letters, Negative Reasoning: Statement Analysis and Decision, Order and ranking, Cause and effect, Blood Relation, Large and small|
|Current Affairs||National & International|
|General Awareness||Neighbouring countries of India, Country Capital and Currency, States and Union Territories of India, Indian Parliament, Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council, National and International Day, World organizations and their headquarters, Indian tourist destination, Art and Culture of India, India and World sports, Indian Research Organization, Famous books and authors, Awards and Winners, Climate change and environment, Lok Sabha|
|Analysis of 2 Unseen Hindi Passages||5 Questions each|
|Graph Analysis & Interpretation||5 Questions each|
|Tables Analysis & Interpretation||5 Questions each|
UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
- Being acquainted with the exam pattern and syllabus can be beneficial for applicants to streamline and strategize their examination preparation. Keeping abreast of the prescribed pattern can help candidates create a feasible blueprint to adhere to and prepare themselves for their exams.
- Partaking in mock exams can give the candidates an idea about the exam pattern and syllabus structure of the said exam. Doing so will help applicants be better prepared for the examination.
- Going through the relevant books can be beneficial for candidates to prepare themselves for the exams.
- Creating notes can be a great way to retain relevant and important information.
- Candidates must ensure that they revise their topics frequently. With enough practice and revision, one can be better prepared for their examination.
- Applicants must create a viable schedule and adhere to it to save their time and energy.
- Practising under time constraints can be a great way to increase one’s writing accuracy and speed.
UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 Best Books for Preparation
To crack any said examination, it is imperative to go through the best available books. Here is a list of books one can refer to while preparing for the UPSSSC PET 2023 exam.
|Current Affairs||General Knowledge||Arihant Publications|
|General Science||General Science for Competitive Exams||B K Editorial Board|
|General Awareness||General Awareness||Arihant|
|Logic and Reasoning||Logical Reasoning||Arihant Publication|
|General English||Objective General English||S P Bakshi/Arihant Publication|
The said exam encapsulates 100 multiple-choice questions and will be conducted for 2 hours. Candidates must keep in mind that for every incorrect answer, there will be a deduction of 1/4th of a mark. Applicants preparing for the said exam are required to prepare for their NCERT Senior Secondary courses to ace the said exam.
Applicants are required to acquire the UPSSSC PET syllabus from the official website of the body.
It is not mandatory to cover topics that are not included in the official UPSSSC PET syllabus.
Candidates can estimate their marks by comparing them to the released answer key.
The UPSSSC PET recruitment exam can be a great learning curve for those who want to gauge their skills/knowledge and prove their mettle as group B and C employees under UPSSSC. This recruitment drive can be a stepping stone for numerous aspirants who desire to build their careers in the said fields. Although cracking the said exam may seem like an arduous process at first, once cleared, it may open an enormous window of lucrative opportunities for candidates.
For more information related to UPSSSC PET , and other Indian examinations, you can check the Leverage Edu page or follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.