OTET Exam Score vs Percentile 2023: The Odisha Board of Secondary Education (BSE) administers the teacher eligibility test known as the Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET). The test is given to find applicants who can participate in recruitment drives for classes 1 through 8 in various government, private, and other institutions.
In this blog, we will delve deep in to talk about the OTET exam score and percentile in determining one’s rank and the connection between them. Here is a quick preview of the exam.
|Full Name||The Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education, Odisha|
|Exam Date||1 July 2023|
This Blog Includes:
What is OTET Exam Score (or Marks) vs Percentile?
The student must comprehend the connection between exam results and percentile when preparing for the OTET exam. The exam score is a representation of the candidate’s percentage of correctly answered questions. While the percentile gauges the overall test-takers relative performance.
The percentage of candidates who achieved a score on the exam equal to or lower than the provided percentile score is the candidate’s score. As a result, both the score and percentile are very important in deciding the candidate’s final ranking.
Also Read: OTET Mock Test 2023: Benefits, How to Solve
OTET Exam Score
To better grasp the relationship between OTET exam scores and percentile, let’s look at the following points. Before that, it is crucial to understand that a student’s rank is not just determined by the raw marks (score) they achieve.
- There are two papers for the OTET exam – Paper 1 and Paper 2. In OTET Paper 1, the student gets 150 objective-type questions which are all multiple-choice questions. In OTET Paper 2, the question paper will contain 1 total of 150 objective-type questions.
- It is vital to keep in mind that the candidate’s overall exam score plays a significant role in the ranking process.
- The candidate will have a better chance of earning a good rank the higher their score was.
- Lastly, the score is calculated based on the number of correct answers the candidate gets.
OTET Exam Percentile
A candidate’s success in comparison to other applicants who took the same test is displayed by their percentile on the OTET exam. In essence, it displays the proportion of the candidate’s score that is either equal to or lower than that of other contenders.
- A candidate’s ranking among all the other contenders is influenced by the percentile score they received.
- In comparison to the other candidates, the candidate that has a higher percentile performed better.
OTET Exam Score and Percentile Correlation
The correlation between the score and percentile is very essential in finding out the final rank. The final score from the exam and percentile might be inter-related but they are not the same. Let’s check out how the OTET exam score affects the rank of a candidate in an exam:
- Keep in mind, two candidates can never have the same score but can always have different percentiles. Due to this difference, the rankings can significantly be affected.
- The rank of students is determined when both the score and percentile are combined. In several cases, the candidates with higher scores and higher percentile are ranked above others.
- Although, if two candidates have the same score then one with th higher percentile will automatically rank high.
OTET Exam’s conducting body BSE has listed out qualifying marks for various categories. As per the board, the general category candidates need to score a minimum of 60 per cent. Whereas, candidates from the OBC/SC/ST should have scored a minimum of 50 per cent.
In order to be eligible for the OTET Paper 2, the candidate must fulful the following eligibility criteria. This includes graduation and a two-year elementary education diploma. Graduates must also have 50 per cent and a one-year bachelor’s degree in education (B. Ed.).
Each OTET paper is for 150 marks. Each question is worth 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
We hope this blog provided you with all the necessary information about OTET exam scores vs percentile. It also mentioned how both these can affect the ranking.