The NLSAT 2023 exam will be held on 30th April 2023. The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Bangalore conducts the National Law School Admission Test (NLSAT) to fill up seats for its three-year LLB courses. The selection process for NLSAT 2023 will consist of three stages, two written examinations and an interview. NLSIU has scheduled the exam date for 30th April 2023. Admission to the National Law School of India University Bangalore depends on the final merit list which will be released by the officials after the conduction of written exams.
|Exam Short Name||NLSAT|
|Full Form||National Law School Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||National Law School of India University Bangalore|
|Selection Process||Stage 1 – Written Exam (Part A)
Stage 2 – Written Exam (Part B)
Stage 3 – Interview
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
|Number of Seats||120|
This Blog Includes:
NLSAT Selection Process 2023
NLSAT is a national-level entrance exam, which consists of three stages. The first two stages consist of a written examination and the final stage will be an interview.
- The first two stages, i.e. the written exams, will be conducted in centres all over India.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of Part A of NLSAT 2023 by the university.
- Candidates who will clear the merit list for Part A will have their Part B evaluated. Candidates evaluated for Part B will be shortlisted with a ratio of 1:5. This means for the 60 seats offered by the university, only 300 candidates from Part A will have their Part B evaluated.
- Part A is only conducted to qualify for Part B. The marks obtained by candidates in Part A will not be calculated for the final merit list.
- A fresh merit list will be prepared for candidates appearing for Part B. For the interview round, candidates will be selected on a ratio of 1:2:5 per seat. This means, for the interview round, a total of 150 candidates will be shortlisted.
Also Read: NLSAT 2023 Admit Card
NLSAT 2023 Written Exams
NLSAt 2023 will have two written exams; Part A and Part B. Part A will consist of 75 multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The subjects for the written exam Part A will include:
- English Composition
- Current Affairs
- Mental Reasoning
Part B will consist of one essay-based and subjective type question.
- This section will carry 65 marks.
- 5 marks will be given for short answer questions.
- 15 marks will be given essay-based questions.
- There will be no negative marking in this part.
Here is a table highlighting important details about the NLSAT exam part B.
|Subject name||Number of Questions||Marks per Section|
|Legal Aptitude and Reasoning||10||50|
|Current Affairs||1 essay-based question||15|
NLSAT 2023 Interview
Candidates qualifying for Part B of NLSAT will be called for the final stage in the selection process of NLSAT 2023, i.e. the Interview. The NLSAT 2023 Interview will consist of a total of 10 marks. The objective of this interview is to assess candidates’ basic mental skills, articulation skills, original thinking skills and passion for the law and public service. The Interview panel will include members from the field of academics and jurisdictions.
The final rank or merit list will be based on the marks obtained in part B of the exam and the interview score.
NLSAT is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the National Law School of India University to fill up the seats for their 3-year LLB courses.
The total number of seats available for NLSAT 2023 is 120. These seats are for 3-year LLB courses under the National Law School of India University.
Candidates applying for the NLSAT 2023 will have to pay INR 2000 as an application fee. For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS categories, the application fee is INR 1500.
Candidates interested in pursuing LLB courses at NLSIU can apply for the NLSAT 2023. The application window is open from January 2023 to 6th April 2023. The National Law School of India University is reputed as one of the best law schools in the country.
For more information regarding Indian exams and other educational-related information, visit the official website of LeverageEdu and follow us on our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.