Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) holds a common admission test (CAT) for admission into various programmes such as engineering, law, environmental studies, marine sciences, etc. The CUSAT CAT is for all undergraduate and postgraduate programmes except PhD and diploma programmes.
CUSAT is yet to release the CAT law admit card for the year 2023. The admit cards will be available on the official website of the university and can be downloaded online. Candidates can watch this space as we continue to bring you the latest updates about the CUSAT CAT law admit card.
|Name of the University||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|Type of University||State Government University|
|Name of Entrance level Exam||CUSAT Common Admission Test(CAT)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)|
|Total number of questions||150|
|Marking scheme||3 marks awarded for each correct answer
1 mark deduction for each incorrect answer
This Blog Includes:
CUSAT CAT Law 2023 Application Process
CUSAT CAT Law 2023 admission form will be tentatively released in February 2023. After checking the eligibility criteria candidate can fill out the CUSAT CAT 2023 application form by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of the CUSAT CAT 2023 exam.
- Click on ‘New Registration’.
- Enter your details and complete the registration process.
- After registration, log in using your credentials.
- In the application form fill out all details like nationality, mother’s name etc.
- Upload the important documents, i.e., photograph and signature.
- Select the course according to your preference.
- Candidates will be redirected to the payment page.
- After paying the exam fees, candidates will be able to select the test centre.
- Check all the details and submit the form.
Also Read: GLAT Exam
How to Download the CUSAT CAT Law 2023 Admit Card
Once a candidate has successfully enrolled themselves for the CUSAT CAT 2023, they can, upon uploading the admit card by the authorities, download it from the official website. The steps for downloading the admit card are as follows:
- Visit the official website of the CUSAT CAT.
- Open the home page, and click on the notification of the CUSAT CAT Law 2023 admit card which will be redirected to a login page.
- Login with your credentials and enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Once logged in, the candidate will be presented with two pages: personal details and admit card.
- Click on the admit card tab and admit card button to download the admit card.
- If a candidate has applied for multiple subjects, different admit cards will be downloaded separately.
- Print the admit card once downloaded.
Important Dates for CUSAT CAT 2023
While the official dates for the CUSAT CAT 2023 are yet to be notified, we have prepared the following list of tentative dates based on the dates accumulated over the past few years:
|Release of application form||Second week of February 2023|
|Last date to apply||First week of March 2023|
|Last date of application with fine||Second week of March 2023|
|Remittance of fee||February to March 2023|
|Release of admit card||April 2023|
|3-year LLB exam||May 2023|
|5-year LLB exam||June 2023|
|Release of answer key||To be notified|
|Announcement of CUSAT CAT 2023 result||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT Law
In order to take the CAT exam for admission in CUSAT’s law courses, candidates must first ascertain whether they fulfil the eligibility criterion set out for the different courses as stated below:
- BBA LLB: More than 60% marks in 12th class if the candidate is from commerce or science stream. For candidates with a humanities background, 55% marks are required.
- LLB: Qualified Bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of 40%, 5% relaxation to SC/ST.
- LLM: Bachelor’s degree in law with 45 percent marks.
- LLM PhD: 3 years of Bachelor’s degree in Law with 55% of minimum marks.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Application Fee
In order to complete the application process and before an admit card is issued, candidates will need to pay the necessary application fee for taking the exam which is as follows:
|Kerala SC/ST||INR 500|
Yes, the CUSAT CAT Law exam has negative marking. One mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
There are 150 questions in the CUSAT CAT law exam. For every correct answer, you are awarded 3 marks.
The CUSAT CAT law exam is conducted online.
In this blog, we have discussed all the important aspects of the CUSAT CAT exam and the admit card for the exam. Interested candidates are informed that this is a common admission test and is also used for law courses. We hope that this blog can help aid students in their preparation and score well on the exam.
For similar updates about the CUSAT CAT exam, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.