CMAT Selection Process 2024: The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) Selection and Counselling procedure will soon take place after the CMAT 2024 exam in June 2024, tentatively. Every year, the selection process occurs under the supervision of the National Testing Agency (NTA) in two rounds of group discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI), which is responsible for the exam.
After the examination, the candidates need to know the next step forward towards the selection process. Well, worry not as we have compiled a blog to help you with the confusion. Before diving into the blog, here is a quick overview of the CMAT selection process for the cyclic aptitude examination.
|Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
|Full Name Conducting Body
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|National-entrance level examination
|Mode of the Exam
This Blog Includes:
CMAT Selection Process 2024 Dates
The CMAT 2024 exam will take place in May 2024. Once the exam takes place only then will the further process begin. After the result announcement, the next step will be CMAT counselling which will take place. Below is the list of tentative dates for further CMAT selection process.
|Selection Procedure Dates
|CMAT 2024 Result Date
|Release of CMAT 2024 Merit List
|Start of CMAT 2024 Counselling Process
Also read – CMAT Syllabus
CMAT 2024 Selection Process – Step-Wise Procedure
The CMAT Selection Process consists of 5 stages. One needs to note that these steps may vary from college to college. Below mentioned are the steps that take place after the exam:
- CMAT 2024 result declaration
- Preparation of CMAT merit list
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)/Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Final Admission Process
Want to know more about these steps in detail? Well, continue reading this blog for more information.
The CMAT selection process begins after the declaration of the CMAT result. There are various rounds a student needs to undergo (as mentioned above). Below we have described every selection step in detail.
Group Discussion (GD)
This is the first round which is conducted in the CMAT selection process. In the round, all candidates are advised to appear for the same. They will be notified about the college campus they are supposed to visit.
- In the Group Discussion, all the candidates will be required to group themselves of 10. Following this, they will be given a topic (which could be related to current affairs or business) to talk about.
- Points are given to students based on initiation skills (one who starts the GD), negotiation skills, encouragement skills (who makes sure that everyone gets a fair chance to talk) and finally managerial skills (who manages the debate properly.
- Other skills like creative and logical thinking will also count.
- Having in-depth knowledge about the topic will act as a plus point.
- Having leadership skills will also be highly appreciated.
Also Read: Latest (GD) Group Discussion Topics
Written Ability Test (WAT)
Some institutes also conduct a Written Ability Test (WAT) as part of the CMAT selection process. Here are some points based on which the candidates are given points.
- With the WAT, the concerned authorities test a candidate’s writing and interpretation skills.
- In this round, the candidate is expected to know about current affairs, and his/her opinion on certain worldly issues.
- The candidate will be required to write an essay on a given topic in the prescribed time.
- Make a note that all candidates will be marked based on their critical thinking, grammar usage, general knowledge and analytical skills.
- Lastly, it is advised that the candidate should regularly read well-known newspapers to ace the written round.
Personal Interview (PI)
This is the final round. All those candidates who clear both the rounds – Group Discussion (GD) and Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds will be called for the final round i.e. Personal Interview (PI). In this round, the candidate’s personality traits are analysed.
In the personal interviews, the candidate’s personality, and his/her creative thought process are looked at. The candidate should prepare answers for questions like – “Tell us something about yourself” and “What are your strengths and weaknesses.’
CMAT 2024 Final Selection
The final selection for CMAT 2024 will be based on the candidate’s performance in the abovementioned steps. Following this, a final merit list will be released. All those candidates will be informed about the same via call letters which may be sent to them through post or email.
Also Read: CMAT Cut-Off 2024
CMAT 2024 Counselling Process
The CMAT 2024 counselling process will soon begin once the results are announced by NTA. All candidates will have to register themselves on the official website to participate in this process. After doing so, the candidate will have to give their preference of college as well as course. The examination authority will then ask for the official documents from the students which will then be verified.
If any candidate fails to provide the required documents, he/she will stand disqualified.
Here is the list of documents that will be required from the student:
- CMAT 2024 result/scorecard
- Category certificate (If asked)
- Medical fitness certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Passport-size photographs.
- ID Proof ( Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Passport, Licence)
To take the CMAT 2024, the candidate should have a valid graduation degree from a recognised university.
No, the candidate will have to take any of the following exams to be eligible for the CMAT exam. These exams include CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA, or GMAT.
The CMAT exam is considered to be one of the top MBA entrance exams in India.
We hope this blog provides you with all the necessary information about the CMAT selection process. For more such informative blogs do check out our Indian exams page. If you have any queries, then Leverage Edu will be happy to assist you stay tuned to our social media handles of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.