Australia is the smallest continent in the world. It covers around 8+ million square kilometres of area. It shares its borders with the Indian Ocean and the Pacific ocean. Australia is not only a continent but also a country. Its population is 25 million.
This Blog Includes:
Facts About Small Continent of The World
- Australia is the only continent which is surrounded by Oceans, Seas.
- It is located in the southern hemisphere.
- It is the largest country that shares no land boundary with any other nation.
- Asia is the largest continent and Australia is the smallest continent in the world.
Continents in The World
There are 7 continents in the world that are mentioned below. Apart from Australia, Europe and the Antarctic hold second and third place in the list of smallest continents. We have mentioned 6 continents greater than Australia.
- There are 49 countries in the Asia continent.
- More than 50% of the world’s population lives in Asia.
- The highest mountain range is in Asia.
- 12 countries are landlocked in Asia.
Must Read: Which is the Largest Oil Field in India?
- Europe is located completely in the northern hemisphere.
- There are 50 countries in Europe.
- The Vatican is the smallest city in the world in Europe.
- It is a highly densely populated continent.
- There are 54 countries in Africa continent.
- World’s longest river Nile River is in Africa.
- The Sahara in northern Africa is the largest hot desert in the world.
- There are 16 landlocked countries on this continent.
Also Read: Which is the Longest River in India?
4. North America
- Canada is in North America which is the second largest country in the world.
- The Missouri River is the longest river in North America Continent.
- There is no landlocked country in North America.
5. South America
- More than 433 million people are living in 12 countries of South America.
- The second largest populated country, Brazil is in South America.
- There is no landlocked county in South America.
- The fifth-largest continent in the world.
- It is an Icy continent, with very less rainfall.
- It is the least populated continent in the world.
What is the Smallest Continent in The World?
The smallest continent in the world is Australia. The population of Australia is more than 80 lakhs. It shares its border with the Indian Ocean and the Pacific ocean.
Australia is the smallest continent in the world. Most of the population of this continent is living in the coastal area. The inner part of Australia is not ideal to live in.
The smallest country in the world is Vatican City.
If you are doing preparation for a government job and want to improve the GK section then Keep following our General knowledge section. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.