SST stands for Social Studies in the Indian Educational System. Social studies is a discipline of education that encompasses the majority of fields linked to mankind, social science, and so on. The primary motivation for including social studies in the educational system was to raise awareness about many fields, integrated behavior, distinctive mythology, coherent communication expertise, and a focus on the analysis of various social problems.
Social studies are not only a subject but also a method for improving behavior. It is critical to get an understanding of social studies. The following are some of the primary advantages:
- It improves reading and learning. Furthermore, it improves an individual’s critical thinking.
- It educates about a citizen’s responsibilities and values in society.
- It raises awareness of diverse cultures that are not commonly encountered.
The National Council for Social Studies has proposed ten social studies themes based on human experience and its effects on society. The following are the themes:
- Time, continuity, and change
- People, places, and environment
- Individual Development and Identity
- Individual groups and institutions.
- Production, distribution, and consumption
- Global connections
- Power, authority, and governance
- Science, technology, and society
- Civic ideals and practices
Other Full Form of SST
The sea surface temperature is another name for sea surface temperature. It is the measuring of seawater temperature up to a depth of one millimeter. The measurement of these seawater temperatures is taken into account since the air mass of the Earth’s atmosphere is strongly dependent on sea surface temperature. Tropical cyclones form as a result of warm seawater temperatures. The air, on the other hand, is cooler and calmer due to the low water temperature. The main cause of climate change is the exchange of heat from ocean water. As a result, the research on seawater temperature is critical in weather protection.
Must Read: What is the Full Form of WFH?
For more information, check out our general knowledge section!