The field of engineering and technology has truly revolutionized the world with remarkable scientific achievements and innovations. The advancement of the internet & technology has equally given a tremendous impetus to the industry. There are prestigious and top-class institutions across the globe that offer scores of engineering branches. Considered the most sought-after degree courses after 12th Science, Indian engineering institutions are equally committed to delivering educational excellence, proudly competing with world-class educational moguls. But to get into coveted academic institutions like that from the list of IITs, BITS, NITs, etc, an individual has to clear some engineering entrance exams. In this blog, we will shed light on various components of the VITEEE- an entrance examination.
This Blog Includes:
- General Overview
- VITEEE Exam 2022 Highlights
- VITEEE Exam 2022 Pattern
- Eligibility Criteria of VITEEE
- VITEEE 2022 Registration
- VITEEE Exam 2022 Application Process
- VITEEE Exam 2022 Slot Booking and Exam Centers
- VITEEE Exam 2022 Admit Card
- VITEEE Exam 2022 Syllabus
- VITEEE 2022 Preparation Tips
- VITEEE Exam Sample Papers
- VITEEE 2022 Result
- VITEEE 2022 Counseling
- Documents Required At Counseling
- VITEEE 2022 Cutoff
VITEEE is a common entrance examination for Engineering aspirants who want to take admissions in Vellore Institute of Technology and its other campuses like VIT Chennai, VIT Andhra Pradesh and VIT Bhopal. The main purpose of this examination is to assess the candidate’s knowledge of MPC subjects [Maths, Physics, Chemistry] as well as Biology [For bio-based engineering courses]. Apart from B Des [Bachelor of Design], there is an array of BTech programmes available in VIT across its campuses. These courses have been tabulated below:
|Chemical Engineering||Civil Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics||Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Information Security||Computer Science and Engineering with Business systems in collaboration with TCS|
|Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Science||Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in the Internet of Things||Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Analytics|
|Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence||Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Gaming Technology||Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||Electronics and Computer Engineering||Fashion Technology|
|Information Technology||Mechanical with specialisation in Automotive Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Mechatronics and Automation||Production and Industrial Engineering||B.Des. Industrial Design|
VITEEE Exam 2022 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination or VITEEE|
|Conducted By||Vellore Institute of Technology|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test|
|Total Registrations||More than 2 lakh (approx)|
|Course offered through the exam||BTech|
|Exam Fees||INR 1250|
|Exam Duration||90 Mins|
|Number of Sections||5 – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Aptitude, English|
|Marking Scheme||1 point is awarded for each right answer. No marks will be deducted if candidates choose the incorrect response.|
|Medium of Exam||English|
VITEEE Exam 2022 Pattern
Understanding the VITEEE syllabus and exam pattern is the most important parameter to clear the exam with flying colours. Go through the following points to understand the pattern in detail:
- There will be 5 parts in the VITEEE where aptitude section shall be in addition to Physics, Maths/Biology, Chemistry and English subject.
- The test comprises 125 multiple choice based questions that need to be solved in 150 minutes(2.5 hours).
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their ranks through offline counselling to be conducted at VIT campuses.
Eligibility Criteria of VITEEE
Before applying for the VITEEE test, it is your foremost responsibility to know the eligibility criteria. VIT management has formulated proper eligibility guidelines for the aspirant to follow. Let’s go through each of them in detail.
- Candidate should be a resident of India, non-resident of India or a Person of Indian origin.
- Those candidates who are pursuing their education abroad can directly apply for the VITEEE through foreign category which should be submitted by filing a separate application available in VIT official website.
- Those applicants who are born on or after 1st July 1998 shall be considered eligible for VITEEE 2022 test. Their official date of birth is mentioned in schools records like certificates to be considered as valid.
- At the time of VITEEE counselling, applicants are advised to produce their original certificates. Failing to prove any certificate will disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates who have chosen Maths, Chemistry, English, Aptitude for VITEEE 2022 test will be considered eligible for B.Tech Programmes.
- Candidates who opted for BiPC subjects [Biology, Physics, Chemistry] along with English and Aptitude shall be eligible for Bio Stream programmes like BTech Biotechnology, BTech Bioengineering, etc.
Applicants who wish to take part in VITEEE test 2022 should complete or must have completed the following examinations:
- 10+2 final examination conducted by CBSE, State Board, The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination [ICSE].
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- GCE examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Candidates from National Institute of Open schooling[NIOS] can also apply for VITEEE, provided they submit a migration certificate at their joining time.
Eligibility Criteria for the Qualifying Examination
- A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in their 10+2 class.
- 50% aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Biology should be summed up together for the SC/ST/ Applicants from J&K, Ladakh & North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Producing community certificate is mandatory for counselling. Anyone without proper certificates will be barred from the admission process.
VITEEE 2022 Registration
How you can apply for the prestigious engineering exam is important to know. You can submit the VITEEE 2022 application forms through online as well as offline modes. Important instructions pertaining to the exam have been given a rundown below:
|Offline Mode||Online Mode|
|Candidates will have to pay Rs 1,250 in the form of Demand Draft [DD] for the application forms which are available at the post offices of the country.
DD has to be in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’ from the following mentioned campuses: VIT, Vellore Campus VIT, Chennai Campus, VIT-APVIT-Bhopal
|Candidates can apply through the official website and deposit Rs. 1,150 through Net banking, credit card, debit card, Paytm.
Note: Those who are applying for foreign located test centres have to pay 50 USD without bank charges
VITEEE Exam 2022 Application Process
Eligible applicants can complete the VITEEE Application Form online or offline, whichever is more convenient for them. Students who are interested can go to the official website, vit.ac.in, and fill out the online applications. Those applying offline must pick up their application forms at VIT campuses.
- Visit the Vellore Institute of Technology’s official webpage at vit.ac.in.
- Complete the registration procedure by providing a valid email address and password to confirm the application number and password.
- Fill out the VITEEE 2022 Application Form and pay through NET Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/Paytm.
- After that, save the application form for future reference.
- Eligible applicants may apply online or in-person (application form from the VIT campuses). Once completed, the application should be sent to the University through a registered or expedited post.
- Candidates should send their completed application forms to the following address:
- VIT University, Vellore – 632014 Tamil Nadu, India, Admission Officer
VITEEE Exam 2022 Slot Booking and Exam Centers
The VITEEE test is held over multiple days and slots, and the applicant can reserve a session on a specific day that works best for him or her. Slot booking may be done through OTBS (Online Test Booking System), and VIT will launch it on a soon-to-be-announced date.
Procedure to book your exam center and slot:
Step 1: Go to the university’s official website, vit.ac.in. Select “Reserve a seat” from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Choose your desired state and city for the exam.
Step 3: Select a testing location and time frame that is convenient for you.
Step 4: To confirm the slot reservation, click Book.
VITEEE Exam 2022 Admit Card
- VITEEE 2022 admit card will be made available as soon as students reserve their test slot online.
- Candidates must log in to the online test booking system using their application number and online test booking password to reserve slots.
- The online test booking password is emailed to each candidate.
- The admit card provides all of the key test information, such as the date, time, and roll number.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to bring their admit card to the test.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take the exam unless they have a valid admit card.
VITEEE Exam 2022 Syllabus
|VITEEE Mathematics syllabus||Matrices and their Applications, Vector Algebra, Differential Equations, Trigonometry and Complex Numbers, Analytical Geometry of two dimensions, Differential Calculus, Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions, Integral Calculus and its Applications, Probability Distributions and Discrete Mathematics|
|VITEEE Biology syllabus||Taxonomy, Cell and Molecular Biology, Plant Physiology, Genetics and Evolution, Human health and diseases, Biochemistry, Human Physiology, Biotechnology and its applications, Biodiversity and ecology, Reproduction, and environment|
|VITEEE Chemistry syllabus||Atomic Structure, p,d and f – Block Elements, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics, Isomerism in Organic Compounds, Alcohols and Ethers, Carbonyl Compounds, Electrochemistry, Carboxylic Acids, and their derivatives and Organic Nitrogen Compounds, Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry, and Biomolecules (Carbohydrates – Distinction, Amino acids, and Lipid)|
|VITEEE Physics Syllabus||Laws of Motion & Work, Properties of Matter, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic, Effects of Electric Current, Energy and Power, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics and Nuclear Physics Semiconductor Devices and their Applications|
|VITEEE Aptitude syllabus||Verbal and Logical Reasoning, Time and Work, Directions, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Series, Coding-Decoding, Rank and Order etc.|
|VITEEE English syllabus||Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and vocabulary|
VITEEE 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates are recommended to follow specific VITEEE preparation tips 2022 in order to have a better probability of passing the test. Some of the preparatory advice is provided here.
- To prepare for the test, the official VITEEE 2022 exam pattern and curriculum should be reviewed in advance.
- For the preparation, a personalized timetable should be made, and the topics should be arranged equitably.
- Students should take notes while studying so that they may review crucial concepts whenever they choose.
- Mock examinations must be taken on a regular basis to assess their preparation progress.
- Every day, kids should revise so that they do not forget what they have learned.
VITEEE Exam Sample Papers
VITEEE sample papers are very important in exam preparation since they help you grasp the examination pattern and increase your level of preparedness. VIT University will publish official practice examinations on its website before to the VITEEE 2022 exam.
- Solving practice papers will provide you with a general sense of the kind of problems that may arise in VITEEE 2022.
- Candidates can analyze and plan how much time they should devote to each part.
- Taking mock examinations on a regular basis might assist in determining the candidates’ strong and weak points.
As a result, it is recommended to take mock examinations on a regular basis in order to shine in the VIT entrance examination.
VITEEE 2022 Result
VITEEE 2022 results will be released on the official website – www.vit.ac.in – after the test begins. In addition to the results, the site will publish a rank list based on the marks obtained by the candidates.
- There is no provision for sending the rank card to the applicants by post; instead, an email will be sent to the candidates’ registered phone number. Examine the VITEEE 2022 Result
- There will be no reassessment or re-totaling of answer papers.
VITEEE 2022 Counseling
- The seats will be assigned shortly after the VITEEE 2022 counseling procedure concludes.
- The official website will provide you with vital information such as the date and time of the therapy.
- The date and time of the counseling shall not be changed under any circumstances.
- During the counseling procedure, candidates’ seats will be assigned based on their All India Rank and the choices they make.
- Candidates are required to bring the following documents to VITEEE Counseling.
Documents Required At Counseling
- VITEEE 2022 Admit Card,
- Exam Result copy,
- class 10th Board certificate or any evidence of age,
- mark sheet of the qualifying exam,
- community certificate (for SC/ST only),
- Nativity Certificate (for candidates belonging to J&K, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura.),
- Demand draft of INR 30,000 drawn in favour of VIT University is payable at Vellore.
VITEEE 2022 Cutoff
The cutoff for VITEEE 2022 will be determined by a variety of variables, including the number of students who took the test, the total number of seats available, the level of difficulty of the exam, and the students’ average performance. The cutoff for each campus is announced independently, based on the availability of seats in the form of opening and closing ranks for admission to various engineering courses. Admission will be given based on the rank list published on the official website.
- Examinees with the highest merit, ranging from 1 to 20,000, are invited to participate in Phase 1 counseling on several days.
- The table and graph below indicate the predicted VITEEE Cutoff:
|Marks obtained in VITEEE||Expected Rank Range|
The VITEEE 2022 Examination lasts 90 minutes. A total of 80 questions will be asked, with correct answers worth one mark. There are no negative points.
Offline application form – INR 1200 (Inclusive of GST) + INR 50 Demand Draft
Online Application form- INR 1150
Yes, the VITEEE 2022 application form can be amended after it has been submitted. After the application procedure is completed, the Exam authority will start a rectification window.
No, you do not have the option of taking the exam offline. VITEEE 2022 will be held entirely online.
No, diploma students are not eligible to apply for VITEEE 2022. The minimal requirement to take the exam is a grade point average of 60 percent in class 12.
India’s engineering landscape is growing exponentially offering lucrative career opportunities for the students. The VITEEE provides a robust opportunity to hone skills. With so many engineering courses available, choosing the one that aligns with your interest and skills can be a daunting task. Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu through an e-meeting and get a life-changing career counselling session!