Nursing students can now gain international experience while staying on track with their major. The College of Nursing & Health Sciences (CNHS) and the International Programs Office, in partnership with Academic Programs International (API), are offering a semester-long study abroad program in Seville, Spain for sophomore nursing majors starting in Fall 2024.
Challenges of Nursing Study Abroad Overcome
Traditionally, finding study-abroad opportunities for nursing students has been difficult due to the demanding curriculum and clinical requirements. This program addresses that challenge by allowing students to take nursing courses at the Universidad de Sevilla before their clinical placements, ensuring they graduate on time.
- Culturally immersive experience: Students will live in Spain and be exposed to the local healthcare system and diverse population.
- Stay on track with your major: Take two core nursing courses, “Lifespan Development and Health Promotion” and “Concepts of Scholarship in Nursing,” taught in English by the Universidad de Sevilla faculty.
- Fulfil elective requirements: Choose 2-3 additional courses from a variety of options.
- Develop a global perspective: Gain a deeper understanding of cultural differences and healthcare practices around the world.
- Enhance leadership skills: Learn to provide culturally competent care for a wider range of patients.
Eligibility and Program Details
- Open to current first-year nursing students in good academic standing.
- A minimum of 10 participants is required.
- Housing options include shared student residence or homestay with meals included.
- API streamlines the application process with its mobile platform APIConnect.
- An API representative will be present at the UMass Dartmouth Study Abroad Fair on February 12th.
- Interested students can contact Gina Reis, assistant director of the International Programs Office, for more information.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to combine your nursing education with an unforgettable cultural experience in Seville, Spain! Looking for more exciting information? Make sure you follow Leverage Edu News Updates.