The average ACT score for the prestigious Yale University is 34. Students who wish to get admission to the stated institution must aim for an ACT score of 34 or above. However, due to such a target score, it becomes competitive for students to get admission. Apart from ACT scores, there are other criteria that must be met by students to gain admission to Yale University. Read the article to learn more about ACT Score for Yale University.
|Name of the University||Yale University|
|ACT Requirement||Composite of 33-35|
|Rank||# 16 in QS World Ranking 2024|
This Blog Includes:
ACT Requirements for Yale University 2023
Yale University doesn’t have a set ACT criteria for admission. However, it’s recommended to score an average ACT score of 34 or above to secure your chances of getting admitted into the institution. There is a huge difference of 50 ranks between individuals who get placed between the 25th and 75th percentile range.
To put it into perspective, individuals who secure an ACT score of 33 are placed in the 25th percentile range, while those who secure a score of 35 are placed in the 75th percentile range. This implies that students with a score of 33 are placed much below the average percentile in the ACT exam. This is why it is so important for aspirants to secure an average ACT score of 34 or above to get enrolled at Yale University.
ACT Score Policies for Yale University
Refer to the data given below to go through the ACT score policies set for Yale University.
- Students can send either ACT or SAT scores to Yale University. The institution accepts both test scores for admission purposes.
- Students are not mandated to send their ACT writing scores as the section is optional for Yale University. On the other hand, those who complete the ACT writing section can self-report their writing subscores.
- Individuals who wish to include their ACT scores in their application can self-report them on the application form available on the university’s admissions portal.
- Individuals who receive confirmation for admission into the institution are required to submit their self-reported ACT scores.
- Students must ensure that there are no discrepancies between their self-reported scores and official scores.
- Individuals must submit a complete set of their ACT subscores, i.e., English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science.
How to Send ACT Scores to Yale University?
Once students have taken their ACT exam and have received their test scores, they can submit their ACT scores on the Yale Admissions Status Portal. Individuals are required to use the ‘Update Application form’ feature on the university’s status portal to self-report their new scores. Individuals can even designate the university as official recipients of their ACT scores. They can use the ACT code ‘0618’ to list the university as the official recipient of the test scores.
|ACT Test Day Checklist||Section-Wise Guide for ACT Exam Syllabus 2022||Colleges Accepting Low ACT Scores|
|How to Calculate ACT Results and Scores?||ACT Exam- Check Yearly Exam Calendar||What is a Good ACT Score and How to Ace it?|
The average ACT score required for Yale University is 34-35.
Students who wish to get into Yale University must aim for an SAT score between 1470–1560.
A minimum GPA of 4.14 or above is required for admission into Yale University. A score below this range will not be considered for admission purposes.
With an acceptance rate of only 5.3%, Yale University is quite selective about admissions. Therefore, it can get competitive for students to get into the university. The minimum ACT score required for admission into the university is 34. ACT scores below the average score of 34 will place students in a below-average percentile range of 25, which can in turn lower the chances of an individual’s selection into the institution.