The antonyms of ‘Gruesome’ are pleasant, attractive, cheerful, and happy to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Gruesome’ refers to something that is extremely unpleasant and likely to cause strong emotional reactions of disgust, horror, or dread.
Meaning of Gruesome
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Gruesome, you can say that it is an adjective that describes something extremely disturbing, horrifying, or causing intense fear and revulsion due to its gruesome or shocking nature. It is suitable to characterize scenes, events, or descriptions that involve violence, gore, or cruelty.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Gruesome
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Gruesome to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Gruesome is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Gruesome in a sentence:
- The sunsets over the ocean are always a pleasant sight to behold.
- The beautiful flowers in the garden added a burst of colour to the landscape.
- The delightful melody of the song put everyone in a good mood.
- The charming little town was known for its friendly residents and picturesque streets.
- Their love story was truly heartwarming, and it brought tears of joy to everyone’s eyes.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Gruesome Antonyms Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Gruesome’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Comforting with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.