The antonyms of ‘Friendly’ are unfriendly, hostile, unfavourable, and aloof to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Friendly’ is an adjective that describes someone or something amicable, congenial, or cordial. A friendly person is affable, approachable, and easy to talk to. A friendly gesture or action is meant to be helpful or supportive.
Meaning of Friendly
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Friendly, it becomes suitable to describe something close to or not far away in distance, time, or relationship.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Friendly
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Friendly to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Friendly is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Friendly in a sentence:
- The customer service representative was rude and unhelpful.
- The teacher was cold and distant towards her students.
- The neighbour was hostile and aggressive towards anyone who approached his property.
- The boss was unfriendly and unapproachable, making it difficult for employees to communicate with her.
- The salesperson was aloof and uninterested in helping customers find what they were looking for.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Friendly Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Friendly’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Friendly with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.