The antonyms of ‘Cosy’ are uncomfortable, dissatisfied, and troubled to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Cosy’ refers to a feeling of warmth, comfort, and relaxation. It can describe a physical space or an emotional state.
Meaning of Cosy
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of cosy, it is an adjective that describes something that is comfortable, warm, and inviting. It can be used to describe a room, a piece of clothing, or a feeling of contentment.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Cosy
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the cosy to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word cosy is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of cosy in a sentence:
- The hotel room was cold and drafty, making it difficult to sleep.
- The restaurant’s decor was stark and uninviting, making it hard to enjoy the meal.
- The office was uncomfortable and cramped, making it difficult to concentrate.
- The living room was bare and sterile, lacking any warmth or personality.
- The cabin in the woods was harsh and spartan, with no modern amenities or comforts.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Cosy Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Cosy’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Cosy with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.