A few antonyms of beautiful are ugly, plain, unattractive, dull, grab etc. Beauty is not limited to physical appearance but can also refer to the inner qualities or character of a person, making someone “beautiful” on the inside as well.
Meaning of Beautiful
“Beautiful” is an adjective used to describe something that possesses qualities or features that are visually pleasing, aesthetically attractive, or emotionally inspiring. Beautiful can vary greatly from person to person and culture to culture. Beauty can be found in various forms, such as in nature, art, people, objects, or even in abstract concepts.
7+ Opposite of Beautiful
Here are some antonyms (opposite words) of “beautiful”:
However, the choice of antonym may vary depending on the context and the degree of contrast you want to convey. Beauty and its opposite, ugliness, are subjective concepts, and what one person finds beautiful, another may find unattractive.
Usage with Examples
Here are some examples of antonyms of “beautiful” listed below.
- “The smell coming from the dumpster was repulsive.”
- “The restaurant’s menu was unappealing, with limited options.”
- “The graffiti on the historic monument made it look unsightly.”
- “The costume was so hideous that it frightened the children.”
- “The sculpture had a grotesque, nightmarish appearance.”
- “The dish had a displeasing taste, and no one wanted a second bite.”
Antonyms of Beautiful Quiz
Choose the correct antonym for beautiful:
She considered the painting to be:
Also Read: Antonyms of Fear
This was all about the antonym of “beautiful” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.