The antonyms of ‘Myopic’ are division, farsighted, hyperopic, and hypermetropic to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Myopic’ is an adjective that refers to a condition of the eyes in which a person can only see objects clearly when they are very close. Figuratively, it can also mean narrow-minded or lacking in foresight.
The word ‘myopic’ comes from the Greek word ‘myops,’ which means ‘nearsighted.’ It was first used in English in the mid-18th century to describe people with nearsightedness. Over time, the word has taken on a broader meaning to describe people who have a narrow view of things or cannot see things in the long term.
Meaning of Myopic
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Myopic, the word Myopic is suitable to describe someone who has a lack of imagination or understanding of the consequences of their actions. It can also refer to someone who is shortsighted and unable to see things that are far away.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Myopic
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Myopic to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Myopic is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Myopic in a sentence:
- The CEO’s decision to invest in long-term sustainability initiatives was a far-sighted move for the company’s future.
- The artist’s visionary approach to her work resulted in a collection of stunning and innovative pieces.
- The detective’s perceptive instincts allowed him to solve the case quickly and efficiently.
- The professor’s insightful analysis of the text shed new light on its meaning and significance.
- The politician’s astute understanding of the political landscape enabled her to navigate complex issues with ease.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Myopic Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Myopic’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Myopic with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.