The antonyms of ‘Agree’ disagree, differ, oppose, reject, etc. As the word ‘Agree’ is suitable for a situation where you are in sync with a piece of information or a thought process.
The word “Agree” comes from From the Latin word “Agre,” meaning “to make good, make do, arrange, settle.”
Meaning of Agree
In a more elaborated definition, the meaning of agree is to be in harmony or accord; to come to a mutual understanding or arrangement; to be of one mind or opinion.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Agree
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Agree to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The antonym of ‘Agree’ is appropriate to use when you want to oppose someone’s thought process.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of agree in a sentence:
- I strongly disagree with your proposal to cut funding for education.
- We argued for hours about the best way to approach the project, but couldn’t come to an agreement.
- Her statement contradicts everything we’ve been told about the situation.
- I contest the results of the election and demand a recount.
- Despite my objections, they went ahead and implemented the new policy without my agreement.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning ad Examples
Antonyms of Agree Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Agree’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of ‘Agree’ with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.