Some common antonyms of abscond are stay, remain, stay put, stick around, linger etc. These antonyms imply actions or states that are contrary to the act of leaving or escaping, which “abscond” typically implies.
Meaning of Abscond
The word “abscond” is a verb that means to leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to avoid detection or arrest. When someone absconds, they depart suddenly and often covertly, especially when they are trying to evade authorities, escape from a situation, or avoid responsibilities or obligations. It implies a sense of fleeing or running away, usually with the intention of not being found or apprehended.
9+ Abscond Antonyms
Here are some antonyms of “abscond” listed below:
- Stay put
- Stick around
- Stay behind
- Show up
These antonyms imply actions or states that are contrary to the act of leaving or escaping, which “abscond” typically implies.
Usage with Examples
Here are a few examples of antonyms of abscond are listed below for your convenience:
- She decided to stay and face the consequences of her actions.
- He submitted the necessary documents to the authorities without attempting to abscond.
- They decided to adhere to the terms of their contract rather than absconding with the funds.
- Faced with the authorities, he chose to surrender himself.
- He promised to appear in court for his scheduled hearing.
- She bravely confronted the challenging situation rather than absconding from it.
Abscond Antonyms Quiz
Choose the correct antonym for “abscond”:
- Run away
This was all about the antonym of “abscond” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.