We all require opportunities for growth, which is why, at some point in time, we keep looking for opportunities for promotion within our organisation. Whenever you get one, you should not forget to thank people who have helped you in achieving your long-awaited success. However, as the world is changing on a daily basis and writing a thank you letter for promotion may seem like an arduous task for you, you can go on sending a thank you email for promotion instead. Continue reading for a better understanding of writing a Thank You email for promotion.
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Importance of Soft Skills for Career Growth
7 Tips for Writing a Thank You Email for Promotion
Thanking your seniors for considering you for a promotion is the best thing you can do in return for their kind gesture. While merely sending a thank you can also leave a memorable image in the recipient’s mind, articulating a good thank you email using the right set of words may leave an impression. So, read below for the 7 best tips for writing a thank you email for promotion.
- Define the “Subject” of the email precisely: the subject line is the most important aspect of an email. The subject line should be short and crisp and describe the main purpose of writing the email. You may go on writing your email’s subject line like – “Thank You for Promotion – <Your Name>”.
- Add proper greetings to the Body of the Email: Start with “Dear” followed by the recipient’s name to address the receiver of the email.
- Opening Statement: Start writing the body of the email by mentioning what is the email all about. For example, you may write – “this email is regarding the promotion that I wouldn’t have received without your support and consideration”.
Also Read: Top Negotiation Skills for Professionals
- Convey your feeling of gratitude: Convey your heartfelt gratitude for the receiver’s contribution to your promotion. Express how deeply you appreciate their advocacy towards your hard work and success in past works leading you to get a promotion.
To enhance this section, you may as well include some examples in your appreciation text. You may pick examples from events when you have proved to be a reliable team player and achieved great success that was acknowledged by the recipient or others. You may address the recipient’s role in getting your work acknowledged by the higher authorities.
- Give them the assurance of continued success: In the ending lines, you may assure the concerned person that you will strive to give continued success in your area of expertise.
- Thank Again: Thank the recipient(s) of the email again for their overall contribution to your success. And then, end the email with your signatures.
Note:- In every step, keep the content short and precise to effectively achieve the main aim of the email.
2 Samples of Thank You Emails for Promotion
Read here for the two best samples of thank you emails for promotion.
|Subject Line: Thank You for your Cooperation in Promotion – Priya Garg
This email is regarding my recent promotion which wouldn’t have been possible without your cooperation and support.
Thanks & Regards,
Also Read: What is the Importance of Teamwork?
|Subject Line: Thank You for Your Trust in Me – Priya Garg
This email is regarding the Assistant Manager position to which I have been promoted recently. I want to convey my deepest gratitude for your trust and understanding in me.
Thanks & Regards,
Benefits of Sending Thank You Email for Promotion
Here are a few benefits of sending a thank you email for promotion:
- It sends a message of gratitude to the person who supported you in achieving this great success. Conveying this form of gratitude sends a message to the recipient that you continue to look out for their guidance and will remain as humble as you were before receiving this promotion.
- This email also sends a direct request to your manager/the person who supported you to provide consistent support for this new role in future.
Also Read: Top Technical Skills to Enhance Your Resume
Ans: You may convey your gratitude for the promotion by writing in the best professional manner by sending an email. Address your manager at the beginning of the email and then, continue by conveying your deep gratitude for their continuous support. You may use examples from past instances of your little successes that contributed to achieving this great success. And end the email by thanking and assuring the recipient of your continued excellence.
Ans: A professional conveyance of gratitude for being granted a promotion can be done by sending a thank you mail for the promotion. You can add all the details and examples you want to add to support your gratitude towards the person who supported you but in a formal language.
Ans: A professional thank you letter must be written on a crisp white A4 sheet, with the name of the recipient on the top left side. Follow by writing the subject and date beneath them and then start with the boy of the letter. Thank the recipient of the letter in a formal way and end up assuring of your continued excellence. End the letter by mentioning your name, post and signatures.