IGNOU Improvement Exam Form is mandatory to submit by the students who want to appear in the improvement exams. The IGNOU improvement exams are to be conducted for the students who could not achieve their desired division because of lower marks. The university made a formal declaration that after evaluating their round-off percentage of their whole grades, the students will have the opportunity to enhance their division. As of now, students can only apply in offline mode for this examination. Also, this exam can only be taken a single time.
Students can appear for this improvement exam only if they fit into its eligibility criteria. You need to complete the application process for this improvement exam within the given time frame. In the following article, you will get to know the essentials of the IGNOU Improvement exam.
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria Improvement Exam
The following eligibility criteria to appear for the IGNOU Improvement Exam.
- The Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Programme students, who failed to secure 2nd and 1st division because of a shortage of 2% marks.
- The Master’s Degree Programmes students only, who were unable to secure overall 55% marks because of a shortage of 2%.
Note: These marks/grades are only applicable for the Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Programmes, who have completed the program.
Also Read: IGNOU Placements 2023
Important Dates of IGNOU Improvement Exam
|IGNOU Improvement Exam December 2023 Session|
|Submission of Application||October 1-October 31, 2023|
Application Process of IGNOU Improvement Exam
Students who meet the eligibility to appear for the exams and are willing to go for the same can appear for it using the following steps.
- Firstly, download the exam form from the official website and take out its printout.
- Enter your details without any failure and don’t forget to attach the photocopy of the Term End Exam mark sheet to the form.
- Pay the fee using Demand Draft (DD).
- When you are done with the above steps, just submit the application before the last dates so the same comes to an end at the given address:
Student Evaluation Division
Indira Gandhi National Open University,
Block-12 Maidan Garhi,
Make sure to mention “APPLICATION FORM FOR IMPROVEMENT IN DIVISION/CLASS” at the top of the envelope of the application form.
The fees to attempt this examination depend on the different set of students, which is as follows.
- Indian Student who desire to improve their division/class, needs to pay a fee of INR 750.
- Students who belong to SAARC nations are required to pay INR 2000.
- The students who are from non-SAARC nations are required to pay $60.
Rules and Regulations for IGNOU Improvement Exam
- There will not be more than one opportunity to improve the marks/grades.
- You can attempt these improvements for the theory paper only.
- Under the Provision of improvement, a maximum of 25% of the maximum credits are required for success.
- The students who desire to improve their marks need to apply within 6 months of the date of issue of the final statement of marks/grade card.
- Note: Your registration for the program/course applied for improvement, should be valid till the next term-end examination.
- You will not be able to improve if you have exceeded the total time period to complete the whole program.
- Once you complete the examination, the better of the two examinations, i.e. marks/grade already given and the marks/grade given in the improvement examination will be considered.
- In case of any improvement, the month and the year when you have completed the program will be changed to the Term-end examination.
- If the exam in which the student wishes to get improvement for marks/grades is conducted by the university at that time, they are eligible for improvement.
No, if you have failed in a subject you cannot appear for this examination.
Candidates need to submit the application form in offline mode only as there is no facility for submitting the form online.
No, this IGNOU improvement exam cannot be taken more than once.