How to Cancel IGNOU Admission: Getting admission at IGNOU is a very easy process. However, every year many students face problems with IGNOU admission cancellation. If you are wondering why one should consider cancellation of the admission at IGNOU? Well, there are many reasons why this institute might want to do this. Some of the reasons might include where the student has not provided their relevant details for this open university, the application form is not complete or the student has not paid the full admission fees. Students wish to study in this institution to pursue distance education. To discuss more on it, this blog will talk about how one can get IGNOU admission cancellation.
Procedure to Cancel IGNOU Admission
While IGNOU has all the right to cancel the student’s admission. Well, the student too has the right to IGNOU admission cancellation. This is based on several factors. However, before proceeding with the process, it is suggested that the student should look at their admission status.
Now, here is the process for IGNOU admission cancellation. The student can cancel their admission through three modes – online mode, offline mode and email.
Upon receiving the login credentials, the student can follow the IGNOU admission cancellation procedure. Here is the process for cancelling the admission.
- Begin, by visiting the official website of IGNOU.
- Under the option of Register Online, click on the option ‘Fresgh Admission.’
- Now log in using your details and password.
- Once the student has logged in, they will be able to find the Application Summary in their profile.
- Finally, under Application Summary, you will be able to find the option ‘Cancel Admission.’
Also Read: Is IGNOU degree valid?
The student can also cancel their admission traditionally. To do so. The student will have to submit a handwritten application at their respective regional centre. The application should state that the candidate wishes for IGNOU admission cancellation. Along with the application, the student will also have to attach their IGNOU ID card.
Lastly, if the student wishes for IGNOU admission cancellation they will then have to follow the steps which have been mentioned below.
- The student will have to search for their regional centre from the official website of IGNOU.
- At your regional centre, the student will have to send a mail mentioning their name, program name, enrolment number and other important details.
- Lastly, the student will have to attach the scanned copy of their IGNOU ID card and Aadhar card.
Yes, under the Revised Policy of Fees, it is mentioned that the university will give back its students the entire fees.
Yes, the student can cancel their admission at any point after the completion of the first semester.
Yes, there is a cancellation fee at IGNOU. The student will have to submit INR 500. The paid cost will be repaid within 30 days of the deadline for submitting the admission form, less a deduction of Rs. 1,000. No refunds will be granted after 30 days have passed since the last date was closed.
We hope this blog provided you with all the necessary information about how can one cancel their admission at IGNOU. For more informative blogs, check out our Indian Exams page. Stay tuned to Leverage Edu for information on exams, scholarships, jobs, and universities.