BJMC in DU: Students who have successfully completed their class 12th and want to work in the media, this blog is solely for you! While a lot of students want to be journalists, others want to be editors or Public Relations professionals, the basic step is to enrol yourself in a reputable college. This can be done regardless of the mass communication profile you decide to pursue.
Willing to have a successful career at BJMC in DU? The blog will explain to you all the basic requirements to pursue BJMC at DU. Let’s begin!
This Blog Includes:
BJMC in DU Admission Requirements
There are a few criteria on which the basis of which admission process for BJMC is followed. The basic one of them is the entrance examination. However, students can read the admission requirements for Delhi University mentioned below.
- Students must have at least 50% in class 12th from any stream.
- A separate examination will be conducted for both English and Hindi Mediums.
- The reservation and other criteria will be applicable according to the Delhi University terms & conditions.
- Additionally, admission will be solely based on National Level Journalism Entrance test conducted by Delhi University.
Must Read: Types of Mass Media
BJMC in DU Important Dates
The official dates related to admissions for BJMC in Delhi University are released by the official exam conducting authority on the official portal. However, students can find the tentative date schedule for BJMC in DU mentioned below.
|Application Begins||August 2023 `|
|Application Ends||August 2023|
|Admit Card Release||September 2023|
|Exam Date||3rd week of September|
|Result Date||Yet to be announced|
Also Read: Media Psychology
BJMC in DU Application Process 2023
The application process for Journalism and Mass Communication is done as per other application processes followed for a bachelor’s degree. Students can find the application process mentioned in the brief pointers below.
- The first step is to register oneself on the official web portal of Delhi University.
- Students need to choose their course preference and choose ‘Delhi School of Journalism’ as their preference.
- The application fee needs to be paid for the same.
- Students must re-check all the other details before submitting the application form.
- After all the above-mentioned steps are done, an admit card will be issued to the student.
Students must remember to take their admit card to the examination centre.
BJMC in DU Required documents
Students willing to apply for the course must have the documents as stated by the exam conducting authority. The lists of important documents for the admission process are given below.
- Class 10 mark sheet/certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet/certificate
- Character Certificate
- Recent passport-size photograph
- OBC or Pwd Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Educational Concession Certificate (For only CW Quota)
- ECA Distinction or Sports Category Certificate
- Kashmir Migrant Certificate (if applicable)
Also Read: Journalism Vs Mass Communication
BJMC in DU Colleges
There are a number of DU colleges of DU offering students a BJMC program. The duration of the program is three years. The list of colleges and the seats available for the candidates are mentioned in the table below.
|Indraprastha College for Women||65|
|Delhi School of Journalism||120|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||29|
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce||34|
|Maharaja Agrasen College||58|
Students who have completed their 10+2 examination or are waiting for the results are eligible for BJMC in DU.
For Delhi School of Journalism, the test will be conducted separately for English Medium (Total seats 60) and Hindi Medium (Total seats 60).
Delhi University is one of the best choices for students who are willing to take admission in the BJMC program.
We believe the information regarding the admission to Mass Communication and Journalism at Delhi University will be helpful for the readers. Students must be aware of the basic eligibility requirement and admission process followed by Delhi University. We hope the information will be fruitful for all the students willing to study at the university.
For more such informative blogs do check out our Indian University page, and if you have any queries feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com and stay tuned to our social media handles of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.