ULSAT is the law exam for admission to LLB and LLM courses at the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). The ULSAT exam is a Computer Based Test and contains MCQ-type questions.
The applications for ULSAT 2023 are already open with the last date to apply also already having been announced as April 25, 2023. Interested candidates can apply online from the official website of UPES University.
Read on to learn the finer details about the ULSAT Selection Process.
|Exam Full Name||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Law Studies Aptitude Test|
|Exam Short Name||ULSAT|
|Conducting Body||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun|
|Exam Duration||2.5 hours|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
This Blog Includes:
UPES Dehradun has now been empanelled with CUET and the students can get up to 30% merit scholarship based on their CUET score. To avail this opportunity, the student needs to select UPES as a preference in the CUET application form and the student also needs to fill in the UPES application form. There are certain terms and conditions applied. The students are requested to check them before they fill in their application forms.
ULSAT 2023 Selection Process
Candidates seeking admission to UPES in their law programme will have to undergo the selection process of the university. The selection will be based on the ULSAT examination. The selection process is detailed below:
- The ULSAT selection is either through the qualifying ULSAT exam or direct admission through the non-exam route.
- In the Non-exam route examination, the candidates will get admission based on class 12th merit, CLAT Merit or LSAT India scores.
- For BA LLB (Hons)/ BBA LLB (Hons)/ B.Com LLB (Hons) candidates having a minimum of 75% marks in class 10th and 12th and CLAT AIR ranking upto 15000 or L-SAT India Percentile of 60 percentile or above will not mandatorily be required to appear in ULSAT.
- For BA LLB (Hons)/ BBA LLB (Hons)/B. Com LLB (Hons), candidates with 80% marks in class 10th and 12th in the main five subjects (English as one of the compulsory subjects) are not mandatorily required to give the ULSAT exam.
- Up to 20% of seats will be filled through CLAT AIR/Board Merit. In case, any seat remains vacant, the University will fill the seats through ULSAT.
Also Read: ULSAT Exam 2023
Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Candidates who are taking admission through the exam route like ULSAT have to appear in Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Students will be called for the GD and PI rounds based on the rank scored by them which shall be reflected in the merit list released by the college. The steps are briefly explained below:
- Group Discussion – Selected candidates will be called in a group of 6 to 8 people and will be provided with a topic. During the discussion, candidates will have to speak for and against the topic. Candidates will be awarded points individually.
- Personal Interview – Once the group discussion has ended, candidates will be called for a personal interview where they can be quizzed on a wide range of topics.
Candidates will have to appear at the designated venues which shall be decided and informed to the candidates by the conducting body.
Documents Required for ULSAT Counselling
The candidates who have cleared the ULSAT entrance exam and are shortlisted for the ULSAT counselling will have to appear at the given time and venue by UPES University. The candidates should ensure that they carry their ULSAT score card and admit card at this stage.
The selection process for ULSAT 2023 is that the ULSAT selection procedure includes qualifying ULSAT exam or direct admission through the non-exam route. The candidates who are giving the ULSAT Exam have to appear for the counselling process which includes Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Document Verification.
The documents required for the ULSAT Counselling are the ULSAT Admit Card and Score Card.
Selected candidates will be provided with a topic for the group discussion on the spot and they will have to speak either for or against the topic.
In this blog, we have discussed the ULSAT Selection Process in detail. We hope candidates find this information useful and this blog can serve as a base for the preparation of the selection process for the candidates who made it to the merit list.
For more such updates stay tuned with our Indian exams page. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.