Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test is held once a year and it is a State Level exam conducted by the Mizoram Board of School Education MBSE. It is a great opportunity for job seekers who want to pursue their careers as Primary School Teachers. One can also apply as a teacher for Government Schools, Deficit Schools and Government Aided Schools in the State. The examination score can also be used for unaided private schools that consider the Center Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET). The article entails all the details about the Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Application process, Exam Pattern, Exam Syllabus, Eligibility process, and much more.
|Exam Name||MTET 2023|
|Full Form||Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Authority||Mizoram TET|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Type||Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode (PPT)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 mins|
This Blog Includes:
- Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test 2023 Important Dates
- Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Eligibility Criteria
- Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Syllabus
- Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test 2023 Exam Pattern
- Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Application Process
- Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Admit Card
- Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Answer Key
- Mizoram TET 2023 Result
- Mizoram TET 2023 Selection Process
- Preparation Tips
Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test 2023 Important Dates
The candidates willing to apply must know important notifications and dates for the application process so that they can apply as soon as possible and start their prep for the examination. Here are dates one can follow. Candidates, please note these are not the official dates, just tentative ones for your reference.
MTET 2023 Date Scheme:
|Application Starts||March 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||April 2023|
|Exam Date||To be notified|
|Exam Results||To be notified|
Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Eligibility Criteria
As we know, candidates have to give two examinations, Paper 1 for lower primary and Paper 2 for upper primary. There are different criteria one needs to fulfil. We have bifurcated the requirements below. You are advised to read both of them carefully one by one and it is mandatory to fulfil the criteria otherwise your application will not be accepted.
Paper 1 Lower Primary Eligibility
- Candidates must have at least 50% aggregate marks in their class 12th
- Final year candidate appearing for Diploma in Elementary Education/Four years Bachelor of Elementary Education/Two Year Diploma in Special Education.
- A graduate with a good score appearing or passing in the final year of D.EI.Ed.
- A graduate with a minimum 50% aggregate in their Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
Paper 2 Upper Primary Eligibility
- Candidates should have a Graduation degree with at least 50 % aggregate or must be appearing for the final year of B.ed/D.EI/B.Ed (Special Education).
- Graduate candidates with at least 45% aggregate passing marks or one are appearing for the Final Year exam of B.Ed in accordance with NCTE regulations.
- 12th passed out candidates with at least 50% marks in aggregate and appearing for the final year examination B.EI.Ed/BA.Ed/B.Sc.Ed
Also Read: CTET Exam
Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Syllabus
We have given all the information related to subjects and topics in Paper 1 and Paper 2 for the candidates. You can find every piece of detail you need to know. You can also find books for preparation. Make sure to cover the syllabus before the exam dates are released so that there is no pressure to cover your syllabus you just have to start with the revision process. Here is the detailed table for both papers.
Paper 1 Lower Primary Syllabus
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Understanding the Learning Process &Learners, the Concept of Inclusive Education, Approaches to teaching and learning, understanding children with special needs, and child development during childhood.|
|Language 1||Unseen passages, teaching-learning materials, principles of teaching English, development of language skills, framing questions etc.|
|Language 2||The language items, language English, Assessment of English, Comprehension, skills in learning English, etc.|
|Mathematics||Shapes and Spatial Relationships, Number Systems, Approaches to Teaching-Learning Mathematics, Mathematics Education in Schools, Data Handling & Patterns, Measurements, etc.|
|Environmental Science||History of Freedom Struggle in India & Tripura, Governance, Internal systems of Human Body, Evaluation in EVS, Health and Diseases, Force, Energy etc.|
Paper 2 Upper Primary Syllabus
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Approaches to teaching & learning, understanding child development during childhood, understanding the learning process & Learners, the concept of inclusive education, understanding children with special needs, etc.|
|Language 1||Unseen Prose Passage, Teaching Leaning materials, principles of teaching English, developments of language skills, framing questions, etc.|
|Language 2||The language items, are language learning, learning English at the elementary level, comprehension, skills in learning English, and assessment of English.|
|Mathematics||Data handling & Patterns, mathematics education in schools, number system, ratio and proportion, approaches to teaching-learning mathematics, etc.|
|Science||Life Science, nature of science, evaluation of science, methods and approaches, etc.|
|Social Studies||Geography, History, political science, social science, methods & Approaches, aims & objectives of teaching social studies, etc.|
Also Read: TANCET
Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates will get objective-type questions to solve. You will be given up to 4 options in each question to choose as an answer. You will get +1 for every right answer. There is no negative marking in the examination so you can be relieved of that part. You will get 2 hours and 30 mins in total to complete the examination. Here is the table for reference mentioning the number of questions you will be asked from each subject.
Paper 1 Lower Primary
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
Paper 2 Upper Primary
|Child Development &Pedagogy||30||30|
|Maths or Science (for maths and science teachers)||60||60|
|Social Studies (for social science teachers)||60||60|
Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Application Process
The application forms will be available on the official website on the date of the announcement. We have given the steps one can follow to fill out their application form successfully without any hassle. The process is easy and simple just follow the steps mentioned below and pay the required fees at the last step.
Steps to Follow
- Go to the official website of MBSE
- Download the application
- Fill in all the required details asked like parent’s name, qualification, etc.
- Affix your photograph wherever it is needed.
- Give your signature.
- The last step is to submit the application with a fee
- Scanned copies of your class 12th and 10th certificates.
- D.EI.Ed/B. Ed certificate
- Undergraduate Certificate or mark sheets
- Candidates giving the last year’s examination D.EI.Ed/B. Ed should also submit the required documents demanded by the Mizoram TET authorities.
A sum of INR 50 is required for submission for all the categories. On the last date of application submission candidates will have to pay the late fee of INR 300.
|Category||Paper 1 & Paper 2||Both Papers|
|General||INR 500||INR 800|
|SC/ST Category||INR 400||INR 700|
Candidates, please take note that they need to apply on the official website only to avoid any sort of fraudulently. The documents required must be scanned. You also need to keep an eye on the application status continuously and keep yourself updated if the form is accepted, rejected or cancelled. If the form is cancelled what are the reasons for the same? Keep a printed copy with yourself for future reference and to avoid any discrepancy before the examination.
Also Read: TET Exam
Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Admit Card
You will only have access to your admit card if you have already applied and filled out the application. The candidates can find they admit cards on the official website. Candidates are advised to download the admit card after entering their registration number and password. The admit card will have important details like your name, father’s name, roll number, application number, time of exam, exam centre, photo, signature and examination mode etc. Points to keep in mind for admit card are mentioned below.
- You should also keep a printout for yourself.
- Take your admit card to the examination hall.
- Sit in the examination hall according to your roll number mentioned in the admit card.
- With admission, the card also carries your ID proof.
- Keep the admit card safe until you have the results announced.
Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test Answer Key
The answer key will be released after a few days after your examination. They will be released officially by MBSE. You can quickly check your scores with the help of the answer key provided by the authorities. Check your scores by adding +1 for every correct answer. Here are the tentative dates for the answer key.
|Release of Answer Key||To be notified|
|Last Date to Apply for an objection||To be notified|
|Declaration of Result||To be notified|
The answer key released by the authority is provisional so you have a right to object if you find any mistake. After the provisional answer key, the final answer key is released. If you have any objections try to challenge them before the final answer key is out. Otherwise, your request will be null and void.
Mizoram TET 2023 Result
The results will be announced on the official portal after the release of the Answer Key by the authorities. Keep the details with you like roll number and application number to know the results when the notification is out. The candidates who will be shortlisted will get notified about the recruiting process.
Mizoram TET 2023 Selection Process
The candidates who clear their exams will be shortlisted. You will be labelled as a qualified candidate if your score is up to the cut-off marks or percentage set by MBSE. If the cut-off marks are not mentioned for the same you can check in the brochure published by the Mizoram TET. The candidates of the general category must score at least 60% marks to secure their seat for the recruitment process. The cut-off marks will vary for the other categories.
- Prepare a suitable timetable for yourself and follow the same.
- Time management is very important for your preparation. Follow everything you have planned for the day.
- Practise mock papers, test papers, and sample papers.
- Eat good food and follow a proper diet.
- Do your revision on a daily basis for better preparation.
- Always remember to start your day with learning and end it by revising
- If it is a competitive exam, practise every day.
- Study from different books and choose the one which helps you the best.
- Make notes of everything you think is important.
- Avoid wasting time watching movies or television for long hours.
Books For Preparation
Candidates need different types of books to study while preparing for any competitive examination. Each one of you wants a book which must entail all the syllabus you have to cover. We have given the names of some books down below you can choose to study from and score the best! Refer to the table below.
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Child Development and Pedagogy for CTET 2022 Paper 1 and 2||Sandeep Kumar|
|CTET Language 1, English and Its Pedagogy||Geeta Sahni|
|Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal, S.Chand|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal, S.Chand|
Also Read: Teacher Training Courses
You can visit the official website and find the “apply link” for the examination. You can then register yourself and fill in the required details. Pay the required fees and then your application is complete.
The candidates need to prepare five subjects in total. They are Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1, Language 2, Language 2, Mathematics, and Environmental Science.
No. There is no negative marking in the examination. You will get +1 for every correct answer. You should study well to score up to the required marks for the further recruiting process.
Students are advised to prepare well for the examination and prepare their best. You should keep yourself updated with the regular notifications sent out by the authorities. You can find all the other information about your examination on our Leverage Edu. Do not forget to follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter for regular updates.