UPSC is an important examination and to ace this exam, you need to be well prepared for it. The most important step in your preparation journey is the practice of past year questions. It can be a time-consuming process to create a question bank to practice such questions. Therefore, below, our experts have created a quality repository of Economics PYQ UPSC Mains Questions bank. Go through the below article to access the question bank.
This Blog Includes:
Economics PYQ UPSC Mains
We have provided all Economics subject-related (PYQ) – Previous Year Questions from UPSC Mains here. We have covered the years 2021 to 2018. Students can use these questions to determine the difficulty level as well as the types of questions they can expect in economics.
2022 Economics PYQ UPSC Mains 📔
- Is inclusive growth possible in a market economy? State the significance of financial inclusion in achieving economic growth in India.
- “Economic growth in the recent past has been led by an increase in labor productivity”.Explain this statement. Suggest the growth pattern that will lead to the creation of more jobs without compromising labor productivity.
- Why is Public Private Partnership (PPP) required in Infrastructural projects? Examine the role of the PPP model in the redevelopment of Railway Stations in India.
2021 Economics PYQ UPSC Mains📝
- Distinguish between Capital Budget and Revenue Budget. Explain the components of both these Budgets.
- How did land reforms in some parts of the country help to improve the socio-economic conditions of marginal and small farmers?
- Elaborate measures to tackle the problem of money laundering both at national and international levels.
- Discuss how emerging technologies and globalization contribute to money laundering.
- “Investment in infrastructure is essential for more rapid and inclusive economic growth.” Discuss in the light of India’s experience.
- Do you agree that the Indian economy has recently experienced a V-shaped recovery? Give reasons in support of your answer. (Answer in 250 words)
2020 Economics PYQ UPSC Mains📔
- Define potential GDP and explain its determinants. What are the factors that have been inhibiting India from realizing its potential GDP?
- Explain intra-generational and inter-generational issues of equity from the perspective of inclusive growth and sustainable development.
- Explain the rationale behind the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act of 2017. How has COVID-19 impacted the GST compensation fund and created new federal tensions?
- Explain the meaning of investment in an economy in terms of capital formation. Discuss the factors to be considered while designing a concession agreement between a public entity and a private entity.
2019 Economics PYQ UPSC Mains⬇️
- Enumerate the indirect taxes which have been subsumed in the goods and services tax (GST) in India. Also, comment on the revenue implications of the GST introduced in India in July 2017.
- It is argued that the strategy of inclusive growth is intended to meet the objectives of inclusiveness and sustainability together. Comment on this statement.
- Do you agree with the view that steady GDP growth and low inflation have left the Indian economy in good shape? Give reasons in support of your arguments.
- Public expenditure management is a challenge to the Government of India in the context of budget-making during the post-liberalization period. Clarify it.
2018 Economics PYQ UPSC Mains👮
- Comment on the important changes introduced with respect to the Long-term Capital Gains Tax (LCGT) and Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT) in the Union Budget for 2018-2019.
- “Access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy is the sine qua non to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.Comment on the progress made in India in this regard.
- How are the principles followed by NITI Aayog different from those followed by the erstwhile planning commission in India?
- The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is viewed as a cardinal subset of China’s larger ‘One Belt One Road’ initiative. Give a brief description of CPEC and enumerate the reasons why India has distanced itself from the same.
- How would the recent phenomena of protectionism and currency manipulations in world trade affect the macroeconomic stability of India?
Must Read: How to Prepare for UPSC 2024 at Home?
2017 Economics PYQ UPSC Mains📝
- Account for the failure of the manufacturing sector to achieve the goal of labor-intensive exports rather than capital-intensive exports. Suggest measures for more labor-intensive rather than capital-intensive exports.
- Among several factors for India’s potential growth, the savings rate is the most effective one. Do you agree? What are the other factors available for growth potential? (Answer in 150 words)
- Examine the developments of Airports in India through Joint Ventures under the Public-Private Partnership(PPP) model. What are the challenges faced by the authorities in this regard?
- “Industrial growth rate has lagged behind in the overall growth of Gross-Domestic-Product(GDP) in the post-reform period” Give reasons. How far the recent changes in Industrial Policy are capable of increasing the industrial growth rate?
- One of the intended objectives of Union Budget 2017-18 is to ‘transform, energize and clean India’. Analyze the measures proposed in the Budget 2017-18 to achieve the objective.
- What are the salient features of ‘inclusive growth’? Has India been experiencing such a growth process? Analyze and suggest measures for inclusive growth.
Click here to download the UPSC Mains Economy Questions PDF
List of Important Topics for Economy Mains Questions UPSC
- Economic growth
- Food processing and related industries
- Land Reforms in India
- Public Distribution System
- Inclusive growth
- Indian economy overview
- Investment models
- Banking structure in India
- Direct and indirect farm subsidies
- Economic Survey
- Effects of liberalisation
- Fiscal policy
- Monetary policy
- Monetary policy of India
- National income
|Who Takes UPSC Interview?
|UPSC Exam Dates
|📌Guide for UPSC Interview Preparation
|How Many UPSC Aspirants Selected Every Year?
|Best Books for UPS CDS
|UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers
Yes, there is a possibility that UPSC CSE repeats the exact question in the exam. Also, sometimes, it can also happen that the examiners may repeat the same question but with different figures.
Each year there are different numbers of questions that are asked in the examination. However, examining the recent number of questions, there is a possibility that UPSC asks at least 4-5 questions from Economy in UPSC Mains.
No, it is a very interesting subject, but it can be very lengthy to cover its syllabus, which may increase its difficulty level.