The full form of the FBI is the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was founded on July 26, 1908, as a federal agency under the jurisdiction of the US Department of Justice. It was initially established in 1908 under the name Bureau of Investigation, and in 1935 its name was changed to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- United States President appoints FBI directors, and the Senate must approve their appointment before they take office.
- The J. Edgar Hoover Building, where the FBI has its headquarters, is located in Washington, D.C.
- The FBI’s major goal is to safeguard and uphold law and order in the United States by defending it against terrorist attacks, cybercrime, and other high-tech crimes, as well as by defending civil rights.
- Additionally, it offers international and domestic agencies and collaborators investigative expertise, knowledge, and training.
List of Main Functional Division of FBI
- FBI Human Resources Branch
- FBI Intelligence Branch
- FBI Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch
- FBI Information and Technology Branch
- FBI Science and Technology Branch
- FBI National Security Branch
Formation and Infrastructure of FBI
Title 28, Section 533 of the United States Code (U.S. Code) establishes the FBI’s enforcement authority. The Attorney General now has the authority to “appoint officials to detect and prosecute crimes against the United States.” The FBI is permitted to responsibly investigate particular crimes by a number of other federal statutes.
In Washington, D.C., the J. Edgar Hoover Building houses the FBI’s main offices. In the country’s biggest cities, the FBI has 56 field offices and more than 400 resident agencies. Additionally, the FBI is legally affiliated with more than 50 American embassies and consulates.
Eligibility Criteria to Become an FBI Agent
- The applicant must be between the ages of 23 and 37, hold a four-year degree, and be an American citizen. In addition, he has no criminal record of any kind.
- Only around 10% of candidates are hired by the FBI.
- The applicant will get training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia after being selected.
- At the Academy garage, there are shooting ranges, a library, a driving course, a gymnasium, and other facilities.
- It also contains a mock town named Hogans Alley for training purposes.
Must Read: What is the full form of OTG?
We hope that you have enjoyed and gained enough knowledge of FBI. If you are someone looking forward to becoming an FBI agent then please thoroughly read the eligibility requirements. Also, do you want to come across such various full forms? Then visit our page and enhance your knowledge!