The full form of NS is the nervous system. It refers to a system of neurons that are responsible for coordinating the actions of a living organism. In this way, it acts as the command center of the body. The nervous system includes the brain, spinal cord, and other complex networks of nerves in our body. Moreover, the nervous system sends and receives messages between the brain and the body.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of CPMT?
Parts of the Nervous System
The nervous system is constituted of two different parts, each with its own nerve cells or neurons.
Central Nervous System
- The central nervous system is made up of the brain and the spinal cord.
- The brain uses nerves to send signals or messages and communicate with the rest of the body.
- Each nerve consists of a protective outer layer known as myelin.
Peripheral Nervous System
- The peripheral nervous system, on the other hand, constitutes the nerves that run throughout our whole body.
- It conveys information from your brain to other organs such as arms, fingers, and legs.
- It also consists of the somatic nervous system and autonomic nervous system.
Automatic nervous system
- It consists of a long ganglia chain which is located on both sides of the spinal cord.
- The primary function of the autonomic nervous system is to control the internal organs and adapt them according to the specific needs of the body.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of BAD?
Functions of the Nervous System
The functions of our nervous system are divided into basic and higher functions. The basic functions include:
- Automatic responses
- Motor control
- Sensory detection
Higher functions of the nervous system include:
- Cognitive functions
This was all about the NS full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.