The full form of NASSCOM is National Association of Software and Service Companies. NASSCOM is a trade group for the Indian information technology (IT) and business process outsourcing (BPO) industries. It was founded in 1988 and has since played a critical role in fostering the growth of India’s IT and BPO sectors. NASSCOM also offers its members a variety of services, such as training and development, market research, and networking opportunities.
History of NASSCOM
NASSCOM is a trade group for the Indian IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) industries. It was founded in 1988 and is based in New Delhi, India. NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the promotion and expansion of the Indian IT and BPO industries. It also aims to improve the industry’s business environment and promote partnerships between the government and the industry. NASSCOM has around 2,500 members, including both Indian and multinational corporations. It is an important player in the growth and success of the Indian IT and BPO industries.
Mission of NASSCOM
The National Group of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade group for the Indian IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) industries. It is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the promotion and growth of the Indian IT-BPM industry.
Some objectives of NASSCOM are:
- To promote the growth and development of the Indian IT-BPM sector.
- to provide a forum for networking and knowledge sharing among industry experts; and to provide a platform for networking and knowledge sharing among industry professionals.
- To represent the industry’s interests at the national and international levels.
- To encourage industrial innovation and entrepreneurship
- To encourage the industry’s adoption of best practices and standards
- To provide aid and support to member companies
- To work with policymakers and stakeholders to shape the industry’s policy environment.
Vision of NASSCOM
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) envisions itself as a global trade organisation that contributes to the creation and maintenance of a favourable environment for the growth of India’s technology industry. NASSCOM seeks to advance the Indian technology industry by encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship and facilitating the establishment of Indian technology firms. The organisation also strives to promote the export of Indian technology products and services by fostering partnerships and cooperation between Indian technology enterprises and overseas organisations. NASSCOM also aspires to be a thought leader and significant influencer in the global technology industry, driving the debate on key topics and trends affecting the industry.
Also Read: Full form of PIO
Hope now you know all about the full form of NASSCOM. Visit the General Knowledge page to discover more intriguing articles like these.