Western Governors University
Salt Lake City, United States
Established in 1997, Western Governors University (WGU) is an online university headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. First proposed by Mike Leavitt, Former Governor of Utah, in 1995, Western Governors University was established by 19 state governors in 1997. All 19 governors committed $100,00 Read more
Highlights Of Western Governors University
Business and Medicine
- Western Governors University has received the accreditations from ACBSP, CAEP, CAHIIM, CCNE, NWCCU, and the NCATE.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation donated $4.5 million for Western Governors University Indiana and the creation of WGU Texas and WGU Washington in 2011.
- WU follows an online competency-based learning model instead of the traditional, cohort-based class model present at most universities
- More than 135,000 students have been graduated from Western Governors University and the university has maintained the strong alumni relations. It has produced five generals in US Air Force and 320 in US Armed Force
- Western Governors University establish the Center for Applied Learning Science (CALS) which is a laboratory which focuses on innovation and business startups in July 2018.
- In October 2018, Western Governors University and Carnegie Mellon University partnered up to work on an artificial intelligence professional development project which will be completed soon. The partnership was funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
- As ap part of Academic Action Plan (AAP), every student have been assigned a mentor who are the members of faculty to assists students from admission to the degree completion.
- Some of the notable alumni of Western Governors University include Paul Ray, Amy Summers, and Michael Capps, Hiram Bertoch, Andre Barnett, Chaunté Lowe, Michael Ross, Gregg Hale and many more
Get All Your Questions Answered