The antonyms of “rabid” are calm, clear-headed, dispassionate, even-tempered or moderate. To make an impression and get well-versed in vocabulary one should know at least a few antonyms of general words like “rabid.”
“Rabid” is a word that is regularly used in general day-to-day communication. We come across this word at least once a day. Not just this we also use its antonyms quite frequently.
Meaning of Rabid
“Rabid” is a word that is used in everyday conversation. However, to make things simpler for you we will explain the meaning of this word in short.
This definition captures the essence of the word rabid, which is to be extremely enthusiastic or passionate about something, often to the point of being unreasonable or irrational. It can also be used to describe someone who is furiously angry or aggressive.
10+ Opposites of Rabid
Mentioned below are some words that can be used as antonyms to the word rabid:
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
Usage with Examples
Given below are some examples of how the antonyms of “rabid” can be used in a sentence:
- Apathetic: Showing a lack of interest, enthusiasm, or emotion.
- She was apathetic about politics and rarely paid attention to the news.
- Indifferent: Having a neutral or uninterested attitude.
- He was indifferent to the outcome of the game; he didn’t care who won.
- Calm: Peaceful, composed, and not overly excited.
- Even in stressful situations, she remained remarkably calm.
Antonyms of Rabid Quiz
What is the antonym of “rabid”?
a) Enthusiastic b) Apathetic c) Zealous d) Eager
This was all about the antonym of “rabid” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.