The antonyms of “last” are First, Beginning, Initial, Start or Commencement. To make an impression and get well-versed in vocabulary one should know at least a few antonyms of general words like “last.”
“Last” is a word that is regularly used in general day-to-day communication. We come across this word at least once a day. Not just this we also use its antonyms quite frequently.
Meaning of Last
“Last” is a word that is used in everyday conversation. However, to make things simpler for you we will explain the meaning of this word in short.
“Last” typically means the final or most recent in a sequence or the remaining one.
10+ Opposites of Last
Mentioned below are some words that can be used as antonyms to the word Last:
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
Usage with Examples
Given below are some examples of how the antonyms of “Last” can be used in a sentence:
- Antonym: The opposite of “last” in a sequence.
- Example: “He was the first person to arrive at the party.”
- Antonym: The starting point of something.
- Example: “The beginning of the movie was slow, but it got more exciting as it went on.”
- Antonym: The earliest stage or part.
- Example: “She made an initial investment in the company when it was just starting.”
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning ad Examples
Antonyms of Last Quiz
She was the __________ person to finish the race.
This was all about the antonym of “Last” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.