Some common destroyed antonyms are preserved, fixed, rebuilt, rescued, saved etc. The term “destroyed” is used to described something which is completely damaged. Let’s explore more about destroyed meaning, antonyms, usage with example, and quiz!
Meaning of Destroyed
The word “destroyed” is the past tense and past participle form of the verb “destroy.” It is used to describe an action or process in which something has been completely ruined, damaged beyond repair, or brought to a state of utter destruction. When something is “destroyed,” it means it has been broken down, demolished, or rendered nonfunctional.
+11 Destroyed Antonyms
Some common antonyms of destroyed are mentioned below:
Usage with Examples
Here are some antonyms of “destroyed” along with sentence examples
- After a severe illness, he gradually recovered his strength and health.
- After the earthquake, the city was rebuilt with stronger and safer structures.
- The old, run-down house was completely renovated and transformed into a beautiful residence.
- The car, which had a broken engine, was fixed by the skilled mechanic.
- The hikers were rescued from the mountain just before the snowstorm hit.
Also Read: +7 “Weak” Antonyms with Meaning and Examples
Destroyed Antonyms Quiz
Choose the correct antonyms from the words given below:
This was all about the “destroyed antonyms” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.