Consent must be freely given without any coercion, manipulation, or pressure from others. It should be a genuine choice made by the individual. Some common antonyms of consent are deny, reject, refuse, forbid etc.
Meaning of Consent
Consent is a voluntary and informed agreement or permission given by an individual, typically in response to a specific request or proposition. It involves a person willingly and consciously agreeing to something, whether it’s a proposal, a course of action, a medical procedure, a contractual agreement, or any other matter that requires authorization or approval.
Antonyms of Consent
A few common antonyms of consent are listed below for your easy reference:
Usage with Examples
Some common antonyms with their sentence examples are listed below for your easy reference:
- He decided to decline the invitation to the party due to a prior commitment.
- Smoking is prohibited in most public buildings to ensure a smoke-free environment.
- The judge had to deny the defendant’s request for bail due to the seriousness of the charges.
- His parents strongly disapproved of his decision to drop out of college.
- The publisher had to reject the manuscript because it didn’t meet their quality standards.
Antonyms of Consent Quiz
Choose the correct antonym for consent from the below given options:
|Antonyms of Busy
|Antonyms of Consonance
|Synonyms of Importance
|Synonyms of Brave
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter I
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter B
|Idioms for Learning
|Idioms for Experience
This was all about the “consent antonyms” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu