The antonyms of ‘Certain’ are doubtful, unlikely, unthinkable, unreliable etc. As the word ‘Certain’refers to something definite, sure, or known without any doubt. It comes from the Latin word certus, which means “settled, fixed, or determined.”
Therefore, whenever you want to refer to talk about something that you are not sure about or are sceptical of, you can use the antonyms of certain like unsure, doubtful, or dubious, to mention a few.
Meaning of Certain
The word ‘Certain’ refers to something that can be defined as being confident or sure about something, or being definite or specific.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Certain
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Certain to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The antonym of the word ‘Certain’ is appropriate to use whenever you feel unsure about something or someone.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Certain in a sentence:
- I am uncertain if I will be able to attend the party tonight.
- The weather forecast is doubtful, so we should prepare for rain.
- I am unsure if I have enough money to buy that expensive dress.
- The deadline for the project is indefinite, so we don’t know when it will be due.
- The instructions were ambiguous, and I couldn’t understand what to do.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning ad Examples
Antonyms of Certain Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Certain’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Certain with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.