How to get admission to IIM for BBA: The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are renowned globally for their prestigious MBA programs. There are only five IIMs in the country that offer a unique integrated program. The IIMs are IIM Rohtak, IIM Bodh Gaya, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu and IIM Indore. The IIMs provide a BBA plus MBA program and is known as the Integrated Programme in Management (IPM). It is a five-year integrated program in Management. This blog aims to provide a comprehensive overview of BBA in IIM, covering admission procedures and other relevant information.
|Name of the Course||Integrated Programme in Management|
|IIMs providing course||IIM Rohtak, IIM Bodh Gaya, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu and IIM Indore|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Integrated MBA
BBA in IIM: Course Details
The Five-Year Integrated Program in Management (IPM) is a full-time program designed to prepare young professionals for careers in business management. It combines undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a comprehensive curriculum that integrates management education with science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The program aims to develop students’ managerial and decision-making capabilities using modern academic pedagogy of global standards.
In addition to the academic curriculum, the program also offers life-skill courses to foster holistic development and social responsibility. Upon successful completion of the five-year program, students are awarded an Integrated Programme in Management (BBA+MBA) by the respective IIM. Students also have the option to voluntarily exit the program after three years and receive a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree.
BBA in IIM: Selection Process
To get admission to any of these five IIMs the process is a little bit different. For IIM Rohtak, IIM Ranchi and Indore, candidates must follow some simple steps to get admission to these prestigious institutions.
- Admission: Interested candidates must fill out the application form available on the official websites of IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore. The application process typically begins in February each year. The application fees for general category candidates are INR 4130, while for SC, ST, PwD, and OBC category candidates, the fees are INR 2065. Candidates belonging to the reserved category need to provide a valid caste certificate during the application process.
- Aptitude Test: After the application process, candidates need to qualify for an aptitude test, which varies between IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore. IIM Rohtak’s aptitude test consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and a Writing Ability Test. The test includes two short essay-type answers of 250 words each. On the other hand, IIM Indore’s aptitude test consists of three sections: quantitative and verbal ability (MCQs) and quantitative ability (brief answers). Each section has a time limit of 40 minutes.
- Selection Process: Candidates who clear the aptitude test are shortlisted for the next stages of the selection process, which typically include a Writing Ability Test (WAT) and a Personal Interview (PI). The composite score is calculated based on the aptitude test (50%), personal interview (35%), and WAT (15%). The candidate with the highest scores is offered admission to the program.
For IIM Bodhgaya and Jammu, the admission process is a bit different. Candidates must know the different admission processes for different IIMs.
- JIPMAT: Candidates have to crack Joint Integrated Programme in Management Admission Test (JIPMAT). The exam is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Merit List: The candidates, who scored more than or equal to category-wise sectional percentile 30, will be eligible for the Merit List. Preparation of the Merit list will be based on JIPMAT Score and gender diversity.
Must Read: How to Get Admission in IIM?
BBA in IIM: Program Structure and Benefits
The IPM program aims to nurture young minds and mould them into future leaders by providing world-class education. In BBA mostly social science, economics and other related subjects are taught. Whereas in the MBA core management subjects are included like operation management and Leadership etc. However, if a student discontinues the program after three years, they will receive a BBA degree.
Candidates have to crack JIPMAT which is conducted by NTA. After giving this exam a merit list will be prepared which will have the names of all the selected candidates. Preparation of the Merit list will be based on JIPMAT Score and gender diversity.
Yes, if a student discontinues the program after three years, they will receive a BBA degree.
The IIMs are IIM Rohtak, IIM Bodh Gaya, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu and IIM Indore. The IIMs provide a BBA plus MBA program and is known as the Integrated Programme in Management (IPM)
The Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) offered by IIMs provides a remarkable opportunity for students to pursue a BBA and MBA combined program. This program caters to individuals with aspirations of occupying managerial positions in renowned organizations.