India is a highly-developing country and in recent times we have seen many emerging startups like Meesho, Nykaa, Zomato and many more entering the market and making a dominant position for themselves. But for all these startups one crucial aspect is to manage their logistics department and supply chain. Flipkart is known for its well-organised logistics, delivering the items faster than other competitors. Logistics and Supply chain play an important role in any business and today we will discuss everything related to Diploma in logistics and supply chain management.
This Blog Includes:
What is Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
Logistics refers to the process of planning, implementing, and controlling efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from their point of origin to consumption. It involves transportation, warehousing, inventory management, packaging, and distribution. On the other hand, Supply Chain Management (SCM) involves managing interconnected networks that span across multiple organizations involved in transforming raw materials into final products delivered to end consumers.
In layman’s terms, logistics focuses on efficient movement within an organization’s internal operations and between different entities involved. At the same time, supply chain management considers the integration of various stakeholders—suppliers, manufacturers or service providers—and aims at optimizing overall performance by minimizing costs while maximizing customer value.
Benefits of Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Here are some key benefits of getting a Diploma in Logistics and Supply chain management:
- A diploma in logistics and supply chain management is a short-term course that equips you with the knowledge about fundamentals of business management. This can save you a lot of time and start your career early.
- As logistics and supply chain management is a growing and dynamic industry, this diploma can help you gain an edge in the competitive job market.
- It can help you develop core competencies that are essential for managing the challenges and opportunities of the logistics and supply chain industry, such as data analysis, project management, customer relations, etc.
- This will also open your door to work in different sectors that are related to logistics and supply chain management.
Top Courses for Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Here are some of the top relevant courses for a Diploma in logistics and supply chain management:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management– This is a one-year course that covers the basics of supply chain management concepts like strategies, logistics, transportation, warehousing, sourcing, vendor development, and much more.
- PGP in Logistics and Supply Chain Management- This is a 10-month course that equips you with the fundamentals of business management and supply chain skills.
- Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management– The duration of this course is 1 or 2 years, which completely prepares and trains you for a career in logistics and supply chain management. It also covers topics like quality management, distribution management, inventory management, etc.
To enrol yourself in a Diploma in logistics and supply chain management course you need to meet some essential eligibility criteria, and we have mentioned all of them below, kindly take a look:
- You must have a 10+2 passing certificate from a recognized board
- You must have a minimum of 33% marks in your 10th and 12th
- If you are planning to this diploma after graduation then you must have 50% aggregated marks and have a relevant bachelor’s degree
Top Universities for Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Let’s take a look at some of the top Universities/ Colleges in India for Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management:
|University / College||Average Fees|
|St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata||INR 53,000|
|Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata||INR 70,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS), Pune||INR 50,000|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai||INR 60,000|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 1.2 Lakh|
|Gurukul Institute of Management and Technology||INR 10,000|
Also Read- Top Management Courses
The growing complexity and globalization of businesses have significantly increased the demand for logistics and supply chain management professionals. The demand is constantly increasing due to new emerging businesses and other businesses are constantly expanding. Specializing in this field can do wonders for your career as well as you will have high earning potential. Here we have mentioned some of the careers you can choose from after completing a diploma in logistics and supply chain management.
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Supply Chain Analyst||INR 5.2 Lakh per annum|
|Logistics Manager||INR 6.5 Lakh per annum|
|Operations Manager||INR 6 Lakh per annum|
|Logistics Analyst||INR 4.5 Lakh per annum|
As mentioned earlier, getting a Diploma in logistics and supply chain management can open many unknown doors, you can get a job in various sectors and some of them are E-commerce, FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Aviation, Transportation and Logistics.
Yes, to get admission to some colleges you will need to appear for an entrance exam.
Absolutely Yes, due to increasing demand and constant development of India, this course can help you future-proof your career and you can also have high-earning opportunities.
This was all about Diploma in logistics and supply chain management. You can learn about emerging careers in India at Leverage Edu Blogs. And don’t forget to follow and connect with us on our socials like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.