The Union Public Service Commission released the UPSC CMS 2023 Notification PDF on 19 April 2023. It is available to download from the official website of UPSC. It is a great opportunity for those candidates who are looking to get a government job under UPSC. As per the official announcement of UPSC CMS 2023, candidates can submit their application between 19 April to 09 May 2023.
Earlier, the Union Public Service Commission announced the interview dates for UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam. Candidates who got shortlisted by the exam conducting body will get a call to appear in an interview between 17 April to 24 May 2023. In this blog, we have covered every basic detail of the UPSC CMS 2023 Exam including dates, syllabus, application process, etc.
|Exam||UPSC CMS Exam|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Upper Age Limit||32 years|
|Mode of Examination||online|
|Admit card Availability||3 weeks before exam|
|UPSC CMS Full Form||Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Services Exam|
|Application fee||Rs 200/-|
This Blog Includes:
- UPSC CMS 2023 Latest Updates
- UPSC CMS 2023 Notification PDF
- What is UPSC CMS Exam?
- UPSC CMS 2023 Exam Dates
- UPSC CMS Exam Pattern
- UPSC CMS Syllabus 2023
- UPSC CMS 2023 Vacancy
- UPSC CMS Eligibility
- Apply Online Process
- UPSC CMS Admit Card 2023
- How to Prepare for UPSC CMS 2023?
- UPSC CMS Question Papers
- UPSC CMS 2023 Answer Key
- Combined Medical Services Exam Result
- Combined Medical Service Cut-Off 2023
UPSC CMS 2023 Latest Updates
Union Public Service Commission closed the application window on 9 May 2023 for Combined Medical Exam. Now, all applicants who have successfully submitted the application form successfully can download the hall ticket for the exam. As per the announced schedule, UPSC CMS 2023 Exam will be organized on 16 July 2023.
UPSC CMS 2023 Notification PDF
The UPSC CMS 2023 notification PDF was released on the official website of the Union Public Service Commission. You can find all information about the exam in this notification. It will help you to get details like exam dates, the application process, recent changes and more.
What is UPSC CMS Exam?
The combined Medical Services Examination (CMSE) is conducted by the UPSC every year with the aim of hiring medical graduates into various organizations and services that come under the government of India. This is a national-level exam that is conducted as per the rules published by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in the Gazette of India. It is one of the most prestigious examinations conducted in India where doctors across the country are recruited for various government departments.
UPSC CMS 2023 Exam Dates
Having an exam schedule will help you to make a strategy for the exam and you’ll never miss any important event of the CMS exam. According to the dates mentioned in the official notification, we have created a table for UPSC CMS 2023 exam dates. Take a look now.
|Important Events||UPSC CMS 2023 Exam Dates|
|Notification Release||24 April 2023|
|Application Starts||19 April 2023|
|Last Date to Apply for UPSC CMS 2023||09 May 2023|
|Admit Card Release||2 to 3 Weeks Before the Exam|
|UPSC CMS 2023 Exam Date||16 July 2023|
|Result Announcement||Yet to Be Announce|
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern
The applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of examination, personality test, document verification and Medical Examination. The total marks of the written examination are 500 and 100 marks for the interview process. There are two papers in the written exam. Each paper carries a maximum of 250 marks. The questions are MCQ type and set only in English. There is a one-third negative marking for every incorrect answer.
The personality test/ interview is assigned 100 marks. Only the candidates clearing the computer-based examination are qualified for this. The personality test assesses the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, the balance of judgment and alertness of mind, the ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
|Paper I||General Medicine||96|
|Paper – II||Surgery||40|
|Paper – II||Gynecology & obstetrics||40|
|Paper – II||Preventive and social medicine.||40|
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2023
We have provided the UPSC CMS syllabus 2023 in the table below. Here you can check the subject-wise important topics of UPSC Syllabus for the Combined Medical Services Exam to prepare accordingly.
Paper I – General Medicines and Paediatrics
Preventive Social and Community Medicine
UPSC CMS 2023 Vacancy
The Union Public Service Commission announced the recruitment of 1261 posts under UPSC CMS vacancy 2023. These recruitments will be down in two different categories. Below, We have mentioned the name of vacancies and the total posts vacant under this announcement. Do check out once.
- Medical Officers Grade in General Duty Medical Officers Sub-cadre of Central Health Service – 584
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council
- General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in Municipal Corporation of Delhi
|Posts||No. of UPSC CMS Vacancy|
|Medical Officers Grade in General Duty Medical Officers Sub-cadre of Central Health Service||584|
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways||300|
|General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council.||1|
|General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in Municipal Corporation of Delhi||376|
UPSC CMS Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for applying for Combined Medical Services Examination (CMSE) are as follows:
- Citizenship: The applicant must be a citizen of India / subject of Nepal/ subject of Bhutan/Tibetian Refugee January 1, 1962, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Educational Qualification: To be eligible the candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the MBBS exam. The candidates who are yet to appear for the final exam may also apply but will have to produce proof of having passed the exam if proven to be eligible, post the entrance test. Candidates yet to complete the rotating internship may also be eligible but will be appointed only post the completion of the internship.
- Age Limit: A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on August 1, 2020, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than August 2, 1988.
The upper age limit is relaxable to those belonging to sc/st (by 5 years), to OBC ( by 3 years ) and for a maximum of 10 for persons with disability.
- The medical officer will be posted in any central department.
- The medical officer is supposed to perform medical duties as done by any doctor.
- Indian Govt. can send the officer to any department to serve its employees, retired employees and their dependents.
- The medical officer is responsible for allotting duties to the medical staff to ensure the sure smooth running of OPD.
- The medical officer makes arrangements to distribute work at the time of emergency. The officer manages his staff during normal OPD hours and is allowed to organize laboratory services.
- The medical officer is expected to be within an 8 KM radius only as the medical officer’s help may be required. The medical officer will get all the benefits other central government employees get when it comes to accommodations, bonuses, salary and other things.
Must Read: Government Exams after 12th Science
Apply Online Process
Check Out – Bank Exams
The application process for CMSE 2023 started on 19 April 2023 and the window was open till 9 May 2023. Those candidates who are interested can access the official UPSC website and fill out the online CMSE 2023 application form. Detailed instructions on how to fill out the online application form for CMSE 2023 exam is available on the official website.
UPSC CMS Admit Card 2023
UPSC CMS Admit Card 2023 is a mandatory download and carry at the exam centre. It will be available 2 or 3 weeks before the exam. Keep in mind, no candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam without carrying a physical (hard copy) UPSC CMS Admit Card 2023. Candidates need to use their login credentials to view or download the hall ticket for the Union Public Service Commission CMS exam.
Also Read: How to Prepare for UPSC?
How to Prepare for UPSC CMS 2023?
Just like other UPSC Exams, the candidates will face tough competition in the Combined Medical Services exam. It is mandatory that candidates have a proper study plan and some tips to stay ahead of the other candidates. Below, we have mentioned 5 tips for UPSC CMS preparation.
- Start your preparation early
- Note down difficult and easy topics in the syllabus
- Choose authentic study materials
- Prepare handwritten notes for yourself
- Attempt mock tests to analyse your preparation.
UPSC CMS Question Papers
Solving UPSC CMS question papers will help you to analyse your performance on a regular basis. Also, you will have a fair idea of how to answer the questions of the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam. Candidates can download the previous year’s UPSC CMS question papers from the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC CMS 2023 Answer Key
The answer key for 2023 will be released after one or two weeks of the exam. It is one of the most important documents after exam completion. Candidates look for UPSC CMS answer key to cross-verify their answers and predict the score before the announcement of the result. This helps them to prepare accordingly for further stages of the exam.
Combined Medical Services Exam Result
The written test scorecard of the UPSC CMS exam 2023 will be released on the official website of the UPSC itself. Candidates who appeared in the exam can check their scores after the announcement of the result. It is mandatory to score well in the exam for getting shortlisted in the next round of exams. However, there is no announcement has been made by the exam conducting body over the release date of the UPSC CMS exam result 2023.
Combined Medical Service Cut-Off 2023
The Union Public Service Commission will release the UPSC CMS cut-off 2023 on the official website which is upsc.gov.in. Cut-off PDFs will be released separately for different categories. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their scores in computer-based exams and the final merit list cut-off.
The full form of UPSC CMS is Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Services Exam.
The aim of UPSC CMS 2023 is to recruit eligible candidates for various medical posts such as Assistant Divisional Medical Officer and General Duty Medical Officers in the year 2023.
The main difference is UPSC exam is mandatory to pass to get recruited for the post of IPS, IAS, IRS, and other administrative posts. Whereas, the combined medical services exam is recruit medical professionals in various medical institutions under the GOI.
For read more blogs and updates on UPSC topics, keep following Indian Exams page. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.