The PU UG Law Cut-off is released by the officials of the Panjab University during the counselling process. The PU UG Law 2023 cut-off will be the final rank after which admissions to law courses will be given to students at Panjab University. Candidates must clear the minimum required cut-off marks to secure their place for admission.
The PU UG Law cut-off is determined by various factors, including the number of seats available, the total number of applications and how many of them have appeared for the exam, and their college preferences. Read this article to know more about the PU UG Law Cut-off for 2023.
|Exam Name||PU UG Law|
|Full Form||Panjab University Undergraduate Law|
|Organising Body||Panjab University|
|Examination Mode||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Application Fee||INR 2175|
|Courses Offered||BA LLB (Hons)
This Blog Includes:
How is Cut-Off Calculated?
To calculate the cut-off, there are various factors which play their roles. The following factors play an important role in determining the PU UG Law cut-off.
- The total number of applicants who have appeared for the exam.
- The total number of seats or vacancies offered by Panjab University for law courses.
- The difficulty level of the entrance exam
- Candidate’s individual performance in the entrance exam.
- Category-wise seats available and distribution of seats.
Check the table given below to know the marks distribution for the PU UG Law cut-off calculation.
|Course Name||Entrance Exam||Qualifying Exam (10+2)|
Candidates who will be appearing for the PU UG Law 2023 entrance exam must be aware of all the above-mentioned factors and must set a target for themselves to make sure they clear this entrance exam.
Also Read – PU UG Law 2023: Exam Pattern
Panjab University has a number of participating colleges located at different locations in the Indian state of Punjab. Here is a list of all the colleges which are an integral part of Panjab University.
- Department of Law, Panjab University (Chandigarh)
- University Institute of Laws, Panjab University (Ludhiana)
- Panjab University Regional Centre (Muktsar)
- Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre (Hoshiarpur)
Previous Year’s Cut-Off
To get an idea about the PU UG Law 2023 cut-off, here is a table highlighting the College-wise previous year’s cut-off marks.
|Names of Colleges||General||Scheduled Castes||Backward Castes|
|University Institute of Laws, PU (Ludhiana)||68.8||59.6||67.1|
|Panjab University Regional Centre (Muktsar)||98||93.7||97.3|
|Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre (Hoshiarpur)||63.4||–||–|
Also Read – PU BA LLB Entrance 2023 Application Process
Benefits of Knowing Cut-Off
There are numerous benefits of knowing the cut-off or expected cut-off which can help a candidate’s overall performance in the exam. Here are some of the benefits of knowing the PU UG law cut-off.
- Candidates who will be appearing for the PU UG Law 2023 entrance exam must check the previous year’s cut-offs and trends to understand the difficulty level of the exam.
- By doing so, candidates can develop a good insight into the expected cut-off score and this way they can prepare for the exam accordingly.
- Candidates can get an idea about the level of competition that they are going to face in the exam and how well they have to perform to score better than other candidates.
There are numerous factors that are responsible to calculate the PU UG Law cut-off marks, which are – the total number of applications appearing for the exam, availability of seats or vacancies, difficulty level of the exam, candidate’s individual performance, and category-wise seat distribution.
Candidates filling out the application form for the PU UG Law entrance examination will have to pay INR 2175 online through a debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
The PU UG Law entrance exam will contain a total of 100 MCQs divided into four different sections, which are – General Knowledge and Current Affairs, English Language, Legal Aptitude and Mental Ability.
The cut-off list will be declared by the officials of Panjab University after the entrance exam is over. Candidates who will appear for the PU UG Law 2023 entrance exam, can check the cut-off list by visiting the official website of Panjab University.