Panjab University was ranked in the 25th position according to the NIRF University Rankings 2022. For Law courses also, the university made it to the 30th position among the top universities for Law in India. The Ministry of Education has deemed the university to be one of the best in the country. The University will release forms for the PU UG LAW Entrance Examination to intake students in its BA LLB and BCom LLB courses. The University of Panjab offers a 5 year integrated program for these courses. After the selection procedure is complete the university calls the students to reserve their seats through the counselling process. All details of the PU UG LAW Counselling Process are covered in this blog.
|Exam Name||Panjab University Entrance Exam for Undergraduate Law Courses|
|Courses||BA LLB and B.Com LLB|
|Organised by||University of Panjab|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Language||Hindi, English, Punjabi|
|Application fee||INR 2100|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||1.5 hours|
This Blog Includes:
Overview & Guidelines
The PU UG LAW Counselling Process is conducted after the final merit lists have been released. The process is completely offline and is conducted in various counselling centres. It is required for the candidates to be physically present without any relaxation for the reserved category.
The counselling process is a mandatory step of the admission process and a candidate who fails to attend the counselling by the due date will be devoid of the opportunity and the seat will be considered vacant. In such cases, the vacant seat will be offered to the next candidate on the Merit list.
Guidelines for the PU UG LAW Counselling Process
- Candidates appearing for the counselling process should make sure their attendance is being marked. It will save them a hassle later.
- Make sure to carry all necessary documents (original documents as well as photocopies).
- The fee prescribed for the syllabus will have to be paid to confirm admission.
- The candidates will have to bear the responsibility and expense of appearing for the counselling process.
- The candidates should make sure they are eligible for the courses according to all prescribed criteria.
The process of PU UG LAW Counselling is a step-by-step procedure that needs to be followed by candidates in order to secure a seat for themselves. The events of the PU UG LAW counselling process are in the following order.
- First of all PU UG LAW Results are declared on the university website.
- A cutoff list of marks for various categories will be released by Panjab University.
- Candidates who scored above the minimum marks mentioned in the cutoff are included in the preliminary merit list.
- Candidates whose names appear in the Preliminary Merit List will be required to fill out the PU UG LAW admission form.
- Those who successfully submit the admission form in time are shortlisted in the PU UG LAW Final Merit List. This is a rank-wise list of students who are eligible for the PU UG LAW counselling process.
- The university then releases the PU UG LAW Counselling Schedule. Starting from the top the students are then called in groups for the PU UG LAW Counselling Process.
- Different dates are allotted to different groups for the counselling.
The various dates associated with the PU UG LAW Counselling process are given below. The candidates are required to keep themselves updated about the latest dates in the process of admissions.
|PU UG LAW Results||August 2023|
|PU UG LAW Counselling Process||To be notified|
An Admission form is the step of transition between the preliminary Merit list and the final merit list. Therefore this is an important document in the process of admission for all the candidates. Here are some important points about the admission form.
- The admission form will be available after the results and the preliminary merit list has been declared by the University of Panjab.
- The admission form has to be filled out and submitted before the admission deadline.
- No changes can be made to the admission form once it is submitted.
- If there is no category mentioned in the admission form, the candidate will be considered for General category admission guidelines.
Counselling: Fee Payment
The fee structures for most of the institutions are similar. The candidates are required to pay the first instalment of the course fee at the time of counselling. Not doing so may result in cancellation of admission.
The mode of payment for the fee will be declared in the notification regarding PU UG LAW Counselling. The fee structure for the course is given as follows.
|First Installment||Second Installment|
|INR 54,500||INR 41,200|
As the candidates have to produce their original documents at the time of counselling it is essential that they do not miss out on anything. Here is a checklist of documents required at the PU UG LAW Counselling Process.
- Marksheets and Certificated of qualifying examination
- 10 and 10+2 marksheets.
- Community or Category Certificate if applicable.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- An Affidavit for the Gap year, if any.
- Any one of the following identities Driving license, Voter ID card, Aadhar card.
- Sports certificate for candidates applying under the sports category.
- Medical certificates in the case of physically challenged students.
- Passport-size photographs.
Number of Seats in Participating Institutes
Different departments and institutes under the University of Panjab offer varied numbers of seat intakes under the courses. The list of seats under various institutions of the University of Panjab is given below.
|Name of the Institute||BA LLB Seats||B Com LLB|
|University Institute of Legal Studies||180 + 4||180 + 4|
|University Institute of Laws||60|
|University Institute of Legal Studies, PU Regional Centre||60|
The reservation criteria followed by the institutes are the same as per the university guidelines. The university promotes the idea of higher education among all by following a policy that accepts candidates from all backgrounds. The criteria for the reservation of seats are mentioned hereunder.
|General||50% of seats in the institution|
|SC||15% of seats in the institution|
|ST||7.5% of seats in the institution|
|OBC||5% of seats in the institution|
|NRI||3.5% of seats in the institution|
Must Read: CLAT Exam 2022
The University of Panjab has various counselling centres to conduct the admission process. Each centre will take admissions based on the guidelines of the categories allotted to them and the respective cutoffs. The PU UGLAW Counselling Centres are given below.
- UILS, PU Chandigarh has provisions for all categories.
- UILS, PU Chandigarh is allotted for all reserved categories.
- UIL, PURC Ludhiana is for the general and reserved categories.
- UILS, PUSSGRC, HSP is also for the general and reserved categories.
The PU UGLAW examination has a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes. The examination is conducted in an offline mode.
Panjab University offers admissions to various law institutes on its campus in BA LLB and BCom LLB courses. There are a total of 480 seats offered by Panjab University.
There are seats reserved for various categories in the PU UGLAW Examination. The NRI Category has a reservation of 3.5% of the total seats allotted in an institution. t