The Tropic of Cancer passes through 8 states in India that states are Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Tripura, and Mizoram. The Tropic of Cancer is an imaginary line at 23.50 degrees North of the Equator. It is also known as Northern Tropic. The Tropic of Cancer passes through 16 other nations on the earth including India.
This Blog Includes:
Facts About Tropic of Cancer
- The location of the Tropic of Cancer is not fixed and it varies with time.
- Nearly, 2000 years ago this latitude was founded.
- The sun directly overheads the location of the Tropic of Cancer.
- The only latitude that passes through India is the Tropic of Cancer.
- Mahi River is the only river in India that cuts the tropic of cancer two times.
Tropic of Cancer Locations in India
- Gujarat (Jasdan)
- Rajasthan (Kalinjarh)
- West Bengal (Krishnanagar)
- Tripura (Udaipur)
- Madhya Pradesh (Shajapur)
- Chhattisgarh (Sonhat)
- Jharkhand (Lohardaga)
- Mizoram (Champhai)
The Tropic of Cancer passes through how many states in India?
The Tropic of Cancer passes through 8 Indian states. These states are Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Tripura, and Mizoram. Every year on 21 June, the sun makes the “Right Angle” with the Tropic of Cancer.
Also Read: Which is the Largest Oil Field in India?
The tropic of Cancer passes through 8 Indian States.
There are 16 countries on the earth from there the Tropic of Cancer passes. These countries are Algeria, Niger, Libya, Egypt, China, Taiwan, Mexico, Bahamas, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mauritania and Mali.
Also Read: Which is the Smallest Continent in The World?
If you are doing preparation for a government job and want to improve the GK section then Keep following our General knowledge section. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin