Sell like hotcakes meaning: Idiom “Sell like hotcakes” is an idiomatic expression that is used to describe the rapid and successful sale of a product or item.
When something is said to be selling like hotcakes, it means that it is being purchased or consumed by a large number of people very quickly and enthusiastically.
Also Read: Idioms For IELTS
Usage with Examples
Some of the examples for usage of the “sell like hotcakes” idiom:
- The new iPhone model sold like hotcakes on the first day of its release, with people lining up outside the store hours before it opened.
- The concert tickets for the famous band’s reunion tour are selling like hotcakes, and many dates are already sold out.
- The trendy fashion accessories in that boutique are selling like hotcakes among young adults.
Also Read: Cut The Mustard Meaning, Examples, Synonyms
Some of the synonyms and related phrases of the idiom are;
- Flying off the shelves
- Moving like lightning
- Going like gangbusters
- Selling like wildfire
- In high demand
Sell Like Hotcakes Idiom Meaning Quiz
Choose the correct meaning for the idiom “sell like hotcakes”:
- Sell at a high price
- Sell slowly over time
- Sell rapidly and in large quantities
- Sell only during hot weather
The answer to this question is selling rapidly in large quantities.
Also Read: List of Idioms and Phrases for IELTS
This was all about the idiom sell like hotcakes idiom meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.