The antonyms of “rapid” are slow, sluggish, tardy, leisurely or delayed. To make an impression and get well-versed in vocabulary one should know at least a few antonyms of general words like “rapid.”
“Rapid” is a word that is regularly used in general day-to-day communication. We come across this word at least once a day. Not just this we also use its antonyms quite frequently.
Meaning of Rapid
“Rapid” is a word that is used in everyday conversation. However, to make things simpler for you we will explain the meaning of this word in short.
“Rapid” means fast or quick.
10+ Opposites of Rapid
Mentioned below are some words that can be used as antonyms to the word rapid:
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
Usage with Examples
Given below are some examples of how the antonyms of “rapid” can be used in a sentence:
- The tortoise’s progress was slow, but it eventually won the race.
- Languid (used to describe a slow and relaxed pace):
- She moved with a languid grace as she strolled through the garden.
- Gradual (suggesting a slow, step-by-step progression):
- The growth of the plants was gradual, and they flourished over the course of several months.
Antonyms of Rapid Quiz
What is the antonym of “rapid”?
a) Quick b) Slow c) Swift d) Hasty
This was all about the antonym of “rapid” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.