The word notion can be understood as something which is mainly based on assumption or concept. Some common antonyms of notion are reality, facts, truth, actuality certainty etc. The blog article below will give all the relevant information regarding the meaning and antonyms of notion with their examples.
Meaning of Notion
A notion refers to a vague or general understanding or concept of something, often based on perception, intuition, or a preliminary understanding. It’s usually not a well-defined or thoroughly researched concept but rather a casual or informal idea. Example: She had a notion that the new restaurant in town served excellent food, but she hadn’t tried it herself yet
Antonyms of Notion
Listed below are some common antonyms of notion for your reference.
- Concrete Understanding
Usage with Examples
Below are some antonyms of the word “notion” along with sentence examples:
- His notion about the conspiracy was based on rumors rather than concrete facts.
- Without proper education, her notions about history were often inaccurate.
- Her notion of becoming a famous actress was far from the harsh reality of struggling to find roles.
- It’s important to base your decisions on factual information rather than unfounded notions.
- There was a sense of uncertainty surrounding her notions, as they were purely speculative.
Antonyms of Notion Quiz
Pick the correct antonym for notion from the options given below:
|Antonyms of Busy
|Antonyms of Consonance
|Synonyms of Importance
|Synonyms of Brave
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter I
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter B
|Idioms for Learning
|Idioms for Experience
This was all about the “antonyms of notion” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu