The antonyms of “hostile” are friendly, welcoming, hospitable, amicable or kind. To make an impression and get well-versed in vocabulary one should know at least a few antonyms of general words like “hostile.”
“Hostile” is a word that is regularly used in general day-to-day communication. We come across this word at least once a day. Not just this we also use its antonyms quite frequently.
Meaning of Hostile
“Hostile” is a word that is used in everyday conversation. However, to make things simpler for you we will explain the meaning of this word in short.
“Hostile” means showing a strong, unfriendly, or antagonistic attitude or behaviour.
10+ Opposites of Hostile
Mentioned below are some words that can be used as antonyms to the word hostile:
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
Usage with Examples
Given below are some examples of how the antonyms of “hostile” can be used in a sentence:
- Friendly: The people in the new neighbourhood were very friendly and welcomed us with open arms.
- Welcoming: The hotel staff gave us a warm and welcoming reception upon our arrival.
- Hospitable: Their hospitable nature made us feel right at home during our stay.
- Amicable: Despite the initial disagreement, they eventually reached an amicable resolution to the dispute.
- Kind: His kind and generous demeanour made it easy to approach him with any questions or concerns.
Antonyms of Hostile Quiz
The atmosphere at the party was very _____, with everyone mingling and having a good time.
a) Hostile b) Friendly c) Aggressive
This was all about the antonym of “hostile” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.