The antonyms of “Abundant” are Scant, Scarce, Sparse, Limited or Insufficient. To make an impression and get well-versed in vocabulary one should know at least a few antonyms of general words like “Abundant.”
“Abundant” is a word that is regularly used in general day-to-day communication. We come across this word at least once a day. Not just this we also use its antonyms quite frequently.
Meaning of Abundant
“Abundant” is a word that is used in everyday conversation. However, to make things simpler for you we will explain the meaning of this word in short.
“Abundant” is an adjective that describes a large quantity or a plentiful supply of something. When something is abundant, it means there is an ample amount of it, and it is readily available in great quantities. It implies that there is more than enough of a particular thing, resource, or quality, often suggesting a sense of plenty or richness.
9+ Opposites of Abundant
Mentioned below are some words that can be used as antonyms to the word abundant:
Also Read: 300+ Antonyms
Usage with Examples
Given below are some examples of how the antonyms of “abundant” can be used in a sentence:
- Scant (Adjective)
- Example: Despite their efforts, they had only a scant amount of food left for the long winter ahead.
- Scarce (Adjective)
- Example: Clean drinking water is scarce in many drought-stricken regions around the world.
- Sparse (Adjective)
- Example: The forest became increasingly sparse as we ventured deeper into the wilderness.
- Limited (Adjective)
- Example: The company had to operate with limited resources, which hampered its ability to expand.
- Insufficient (Adjective)
- Example: The student’s knowledge of the subject matter was insufficient to pass the advanced course.
- Meager (Adjective)
- Example: The charity provided a meager meal to the homeless individuals living on the streets.
- Dearth (Noun)
- Example: There was a dearth of qualified candidates for the job, making it difficult to find the right person.
- Paucity (Noun)
- Example: The paucity of research on this topic has hindered our understanding of its complexities.
- Deficient (Adjective)
- Example: The diet of the malnourished child was deficient in essential vitamins and minerals.
- Scarcity (Noun)
- Example: Economic instability often leads to the scarcity of basic necessities in developing countries.
Antonyms of Abundant Quiz
- Antonym of “Abundant”
- A. Scarcity
- B. Vibrant
- C. Endless
- D. Spacious
- Answer: (A)
- Antonym of “Sparse”
- A. Overflowing
- B. Crowded
- C. Limited
- D. Abundant
- Answer: (A)
This was all about the antonym of “abundant” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.