The antonyms of ‘Amiable’ are unfriendly, disagreeable, and aloof to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Ambial’ refers to a person’s disposition or behaviour with a characteristic of friendliness, warmth, and kindness. It is also suitable to describe things or situations that are pleasant and enjoyable.
Meaning of Amiable
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of amiable, it is wiser to note that the word is an adjective that describes someone or something as friendly, kind, and pleasant to be around.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Amiable
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the amiable to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word amiable is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of amiable in a sentence:
- His unfriendly demeanour made it clear that he didn’t want to talk to anyone.
- The hostile atmosphere in the room made me feel uncomfortable.
- She was unkind to her coworkers and often made hurtful comments.
- The unpleasant smell coming from the kitchen made me lose my appetite.
- His rude behaviour towards the waiter was unacceptable.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Amiable Antonyms Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Amiable’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the Amiable antonyms with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.