Are you browsing common productivity tools to make your life easier at work? Well!, you have landed on the right page. Common productivity tools like Slack, Google Keep, Everhour, Toggl, Microsoft OneNote, SelfControl, Trello, Smartsheet, ProofHub, Email Finder, and Nifty help manage team and track progress. All these tools can be deployed on desktops and other devices to facilitate your growth and productivity. Further, with these technical tools, you can present yourself in a better manner in front of your peers, seniors, and juniors. To realize all these benefits, you can check out the features of each of these tools and decide which one to use at the workplace. Keep reading!!
What Are Productivity Tools?
Software or applications created to streamline workflow and ease tasks are termed productivity tools. Some of the features of these tools include easy access to files, effective chart and graphic creation, seamless communication, swift tracking of project progress, and productive collaboration with team members, colleagues, etc.
Some of the common productivity tools are Slack, ProofHub, Google Keep, Toggl, Microsoft OneNote, SmartSheet, Trello, etc. You can use these tools to make your work life easy. Let’s have a look at their features and get noticed in the workplace.
Also Read: 5 Tips for Strategic Thinking at Work
11 Common Productivity Tools To Use At Work
Here are some of the common productivity tools to make your life easier at work:
Available on desktop, iOS, and Android, this productivity tool is used for team communication. You can send messages, communicate with teammates in real time, and create public and locked channels using Slack.
Here are the key features of this productivity tool:
- Slack facilitates rapid code deployment through efficient collaboration among developers, coders, and resource allocation.
- Also, it addresses critical issues promptly and streamlines workflows by leveraging automation tools.
- In addition, it helps foster seamless coordination among internal teams to improve communication and collaboration for effective project management.
2. Google keep
Google Keep is a comprehensive note-taking app recognized for its simplicity in recording reminders, ideas, and checklists. As part of G-suite, it seamlessly integrates with Google Docs, allowing users to connect their notes effortlessly. The app is versatile, functioning smoothly on Android and iPhones, as well as web browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox. It is even compatible with Smartwatches.
Here are the key features of Google Keep, one of the most common productivity tool:
- Google Keep offers dual reminders: time-based and location-based.
- Also, you can use Google’s speech-to-text engine to create audio notes seamlessly.
- Further, synchronize your notes effortlessly with both Chrome and the web app.
- Besides, it enhances organization by color-coding your notes for quick visual reference.
- Additionally, you can receive location-based reminders when you are in specific areas.
This easy-to-use time-tracking software helps teams achieve their goals faster. It ensures you stay on track with project timelines, making sure you are focused on your work at all times.
Now, let us look at the important features of Everhour:
- It lets you manually input your time with ease.
- Also, it enables you to access a history of your time entries.
- In addition, it helps you choose from multiple time formats for flexibility.
- Furthermore, it generates insightful reports for analysis.
- Additionally, it easily integrates with other tools
Toggl is a super easy app that saves you time. It works well with other tools to do more. It quickly shows how much time your team is spending, and it even works when you are not online. This common productivity tool features real-time synchronization with desktop widgets, iOS and Android apps, and a web tracker.
Here are some of the interesting features of Toggl:
- It lets you easily plan and manage your team’s schedule.
- Besides, it also helps schedule reports and have them sent directly to your email.
- Furthermore, it enables you to see how your project is doing and how much money it’s making in real time.
5. Microsoft OneNote
This is a digital note-taking app. It works seamlessly on laptops or smartphones. Whether you prefer typing, writing, or drawing with a pen-like feel, it has you covered. Microsoft OneNote is perfect for spontaneous notes, just choose a notebook, or section, and create a new page.
Some of the significant features of this note-taking app are:
- It records audio and video.
- Further, it helps collaborate in real time.
- Also, it extracts text from images using optical character recognition.
6. Self Control
Self-Control is an open-source, free app for macOS that helps you stay focused by blocking access to distracting emails, websites, etc. You need to simply set a time limit, click ‘Start,’ and you will not be able to access those sites – even if you try to switch off or delete the app.
Here are some compelling reasons why you should opt for this common productivity tool:
- It increases concentration on work as it controls your social media use.
- Also, it helps promote better work-life balance.
Trello kicks off as a free project management tool, employing the Kanban board method. It’s adaptable for agile, scrum, or personal projects. Organize tasks into boards, and move cards to different stages to track progress.
Now, let us look at some of the gripping features of Trello:
- It offers a team playbook for streamlined collaboration.
- Additionally, it features an automated built-in workflow.
- On top of that, it enables team synchronization across all your devices.
Smartsheet is a cloud-based project management tool designed for efficient project, task, and collaboration management. It includes features like Gantt charts, file sharing, resource management, and automated workflows. To make project management accessible, Smartsheet aligns with the preferred working styles of teams.
Here are some of the important features of Smartsheet:
- It uses pre-built templates for a quick project start.
- Additionally, it helps you customize projects according to your requirements.
- Besides, it effectively integrates with your favorite apps.
ProofHub is an all-in-one project and task management software designed to bring order, enhance accountability, streamline communication, and keep everyone aligned. It serves as a centralized hub for all your projects, teams, and work-related information.
Key features of ProofHub include:
- It helps simplify workflow by uploading and organising documents and files.
- Also, it facilitates you with real-time communication and collaboration with your team.
- Furthermore, you have access to a quick overview of progress to ensure teams stay on track.
- Besides, using ProofHub helps you to exercise complete control over tasks.
10. Email Finder
It is a very common productivity tool developed by Hunter. It locates email addresses within seconds. You need to simply input the first and last name along with the website’s domain of the person or company you are trying to contact. As soon as you do that you will receive the results promptly. This tool includes a Chrome extension for one-click email address retrieval from a website.
Now, let us look at the significant features of Email Finder:
- It enables you to access data sources of nearly 66 million websites.
- Additionally, you can apply email lookups in bulk for a list of individuals.
- Further, it can be used for instant email address verification.
Nifty stands out as the ultimate all-in-one tool for productivity and communication. This common productivity tool ensures that tasks, timelines, and teams are in sync. Furthermore, its comprehensive collaboration tools bridge the gap between communication and action. This helps foster effective interaction within departments or with clients. Also, Nifty is embedded with Harvest time tracking, Google Docs, and one-tap Zoom calls to serve as the primary tool in your company’s tech toolkit.
Some essential features of Nifty are as follows:
- It has a built-in team chat feature that keeps communication closely tied to projects.
- Also, it shows milestones on project roadmaps. After marking the milestones, it automates reporting as tasks are completed, providing proactive updates.
Ans: Software or applications created to streamline workflow and ease tasks are termed productivity tools.
Ans: Common productivity tools include Slack, Google Keep, Everhour, Toggl, Microsoft OneNote, SelfControl, Trello, Smartsheet, ProofHub, Email Finder, and Nifty.
Ans: Some of the features of these tools include easy access to files, effective chart and graphic creation, seamless communication, swift tracking of project progress, and productive collaboration with team members, colleagues, etc.
Stay in tune with the career counselling page of Leverage Edu to discover other interesting concepts of professional life.